keihin pe 28 on braap 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
Hi lm wanting to know if l only buy a rubber adapter for the existing manifold.
(mikuni 22 w/air box) to connect a new PE.28 , or do l get a new manifold. ?

Also has any one modified the air box to suit the carby

A adapter from the okos will fit your manifold, but you will have to widen your inlet on themanifold a little as the ycf manifold is 22mm from memory and your adapter and carb will be 26/28mm. I couldnt use the airbox with mine, ditched it in favour of a uni filter

A adapter from the okos will fit your manifold, but you will have to widen your inlet on themanifold a little as the ycf manifold is 22mm from memory and your adapter and carb will be 26/28mm. I couldnt use the airbox with mine, ditched it in favour of a uni filter

Do you mean widen the rubber adapter? or hone out the manifold. lt may be better left alone and l will just by another if l need to get into it. . (in case l ever go stock )

Yes adaptor is the go, just die grind the opening out to suit the adaptor, easy. Dont use that airbox, put a uni filter on it. Not sure if there is a manifold available, but I think the 190's manifold are already the right size anyway, so you may not need to open it up. It's a Daytona manifold, not YCF specific.

Yes adaptor is the go, just die grind the opening out to suit the adaptor, easy. Dont use that airbox, put a uni filter on it. Not sure if there is a manifold available, but I think the 190's manifold are already the right size anyway, so you may not need to open it up. It's a Daytona manifold, not YCF specific.

Great thanks l will do. ordered today ,hope it arrives by week end..

You will have to die grind the manifold out a little, I did anyways. Snd my braap didn't have the Daytona manifold, uses one with ycf stamped on it, its quite a bit taller than the stock daytona manifolds, and narrower to suit the crap 22mm mikuni they use

You will have to die grind the manifold out a little, I did anyways. Snd my braap didn't have the Daytona manifold, uses one with ycf stamped on it, its quite a bit taller than the stock daytona manifolds, and narrower to suit the crap 22mm mikuni they use

yeah lm stumped on what is on mine. not stamped ycf or Daytona. so what is the ideal manifold size, will it make a difference getting a Daytona to suit ? . or do l just slip on the adapter and ride ?.

Grab your adapter, mount it to your manifold and see how it looks, if there is a bit of manifold showing when you look into the adapter then mark it with a permanent marker and dremel out what you need gone. You dont have to do what I suggested, it just helps with air fuel flow. No need to pay a fortune for a daytona one, just use yours.

pe 28 braaap 190

ok slapped the pe 28 on today . Manifold adapter and uni filter. Pretty much kicked it over within a minute. hadn't had a chance to test it. l decided not the hone out manifold for the time been. lf this weekend turns pear shape (carb not running right) l will bolt the 22mm back on to get through 2 days.riding. Purchase carb through dhz with 125 /42 internals so not sure. Checked the plug color ok. lm a bit concerned about messing around (plug chopping) as lm running out of time finding a spare plug, before Saturday. l Forgot to order one.

ok slapped the pe 28 on today . Manifold adapter and uni filter. Pretty much kicked it over within a minute. hadn't had a chance to test it. l decided not the hone out manifold for the time been. lf this weekend turns pear shape (carb not running right) l will bolt the 22mm back on to get through 2 days.riding. Purchase carb through dhz with 125 /42 internals so not sure. Checked the plug color ok. lm a bit concerned about messing around (plug chopping) as lm running out of time finding a spare plug, before Saturday. l Forgot to order one.
wire brush will do :p
Poor mans plug chop..

wire brush will do :p
Poor mans plug chop..

All good over the weekend. l put 3.5 hours on the 190. pe 28 runs great. Prognoses not a problem with running and passing some 1/4 litre japs. Only problem found seat is crap needs more padding and like to have more flexibility with gearbox. l am riding on a 2.7 k Grass circuit . bit of mx but most fast swept . l really didn't need to get out of 4 th and touched 3rd. at times. l feel if l run maybe a 17/37 or 17/35 could help. Any thoughts will be great .

what gearing is on it now ?
mine has 16/45 atm

you should post up some pics of the bike in your other thread too

I ran 17 front and 36 rear, pulled around 130 135 tapped out on the second rpm limit with the same carb. I agree with the seat, I used to get a numb ass after 15m riding, just from it hitting my ass on the rough stuff.

At present running stock gearing 15 /39 ok for point to point. small track.

17/ 36 sounds good to me. Did 2nd & 3rd gear have a decent spread of throttle.

l may have to adjust the handle bars forward so it gives me a bit more room on board.
This may push me forward on centre of seat. l am 6ft + 95 kg. and at the moment have monkey butt and pretty sore. l will mod the seat next. My yzf 250 was the same.
l removed the seat cover and installed a strip of my misses yoga mat as padding and stapled back together. She didn't even notice l hacked into it.

Have you noticed that the foot peg mount's on each side are slotted too?
So you have a bit of adjustment there as well.

On the Braaap website it say's the standard gearing for the Pro 190 is a 16T front and 45T rear sprocket,
which is what my Braaap 190 has.
I entered this info into a Sprocket Gearing calculator, and it give's it a final drive ratio of 2.81 / 1

If you currently have 15/39 gearing, that will give you a final ratio of 2.6 / 1 ( about 8% taller/higher gearing than standard)

Stus' final drive ratio was even taller, it is 2.12 / 1 and is almost a 33% change from standard gearing.

edit;
i just put the above gearing into an online gearing speed calculator and came up with the following data.

as long as all 3 of our bikes are running a 80/100/12 rear tyre, and are sitting at 10,000rpm in top gear

my bike would pull a top speed of 85.7 km/h
china911s' bike would pull a top speed of 92.7 km/h
Stus' bike would pull a top speed of 102.5 km/h

Last edited:
I was on the 13 200rpm limit I think, had a huge spread, I was right on the limit of how far you could gear it out. Only checked speed against a car also so not a overly accurate reading.

yeah that was just a comparison showing the different speeds v's different gearings

with a 13200 rpm limit, it comes out to 122.4 km/h so that's a bit closer
there would be other variations that come into the calculations too, that'd affect to outcomes.

edit; i just realised that is for a 150 Daytona
i keyed in the 190 close ratio gearing, and come up with these readings which seem better-

my 190, top speed @10,000rpm - 82 km/h
china911s' 190, top speed @10,000rpm - 88.7 km/h
Stus' 190, top speed @ 10,000rpm - 108.9 km/h
and Stus' 190, top speed @ 13,200rpm - 143.7 km/h

Last edited:
And no one would believe me on just how hard they go, not on here on facebook bike page lol. Damn yours would get to 80 pretty quick craig lol

The previous owner bought the bike brand new and said the sprockets were on it are original 15/39.
So l assumed the braaap site tech specs were a miss print. Maybe your right . 16/45 seems pretty low for a big donk.
Any how didn't have a problem top speed wise holding its own with a Rmx 250 wrf 250 crf 150b yz 125
Good spread of bikes to compare it with. l was hitting 4th to early and holding the 190 flat for 200 to 300 meters and lm sure if it was set up taller it would be unstoppable. l also have a handicap of 25 kg to cart along.

The previous owner bought the bike brand new and said the sprockets were on it are original 15/39.
So l assumed the braaap site tech specs were a miss print. Maybe your right . 16/45 seems pretty low for a big donk.
Any how didn't have a problem top speed wise holding its own with a Rmx 250 wrf 250 crf 150b yz 125
Good spread of bikes to compare it with. l was hitting 4th to early and holding the 190 flat for 200 to 300 meters and lm sure if it was set up taller it would be unstoppable. l also have a handicap of 25 kg to cart along.

l know yeah lt looks a bit boring. (no sticker kit) lm 43 years old and not cool ,but fast.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back