Keihin PE28 Main jet / Daytona 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Geese mate BP 98 with all the cleaning additives in it? Not good for bikes at all.

95 for me. Can't go wrong. Could never tell the difference plus no junk in it and it's cheaper. :)

^^^ Geese mate BP 98 with all the cleaning additives in it? Not good for bikes at all.

95 for me. Can't go wrong. Could never tell the difference plus no junk in it and it's cheaper. :)
Is that true motorman? Ive been running the bp ultimate to lol. What exactly does it do to the engine?

I have heard this from several bike mechanics now.

They put engine cleaning additives in a lot of 98 fuels especially BP. They don't play nice with bike motors and can reduce the life between rebuilds/valve adjustments etc.

If you run 98 and 95 fuels beside each other you would never tell the difference anyway except in your wallet.

Same old perception, people think because it's the most expensive fuel it's the best fuel for the job. Not for every purpose it's not.

yeah l just run raw 91 ... or 95 if its left over from the big bike .. surprisingly a few year back traveling through middle east and Europe there is only a 95 and 98 octane ..
91 is not even available... all there hot hatches Italian /French and german cars are running higher comps.

I run 40/130, which is what came stock from DHZ. Runs fine everywhere so long as you're on the power; except had a bit of a bog at stoney creek this year which was possibly because of the elevation.

We try and run the highest octane available, mostly 95-98, I recon its alot flatter without good fuel

The biggest factor is l have a couple of long straights on my track and can hold it in forth for a while. And when its a warm day it runs white and hot.

Dont have to worry about that, I had mine tapped out valve bouncing in 4th down alot of straights during VCM series, I hit 72km at pakenham grass track on 12"/14" wheels!

i run premium in the car and 250F, deffently notice a difference in the car but not really in the pitbikes.

Last edited:
I have heard this from several bike mechanics now.

They put engine cleaning additives in a lot of 98 fuels especially BP. They don't play nice with bike motors and can reduce the life between rebuilds/valve adjustments etc.

If you run 98 and 95 fuels beside each other you would never tell the difference anyway except in your wallet.

Same old perception, people think because it's the most expensive fuel it's the best fuel for the job. Not for every purpose it's not.
Cheers motorman, learn something new everyday

Yeah that's what I thought. Have had a few mechanics say it now though. They can tell when they pull them down.

Run 95 and you can't go wrong plus it's cheaper!! Win win. :)

l used to run shell optimax on my aprillia rs 250 and Suzuki rgv 250 track bikes.
Both engines were destroyed. Mobil 98 was the only fuel recommended by mechanics and had good results. the piston crown always had problems , especially the front piston . both engines are a v2 configuration .. most guys with sililar bikes had this problem with shell optimax. l have even heard cars having the same fate with 98 optimax.

Latest posts

Back