kick back prob.putting elec start on my bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
Im sooooo sick of the agony my ankle cops from all the kickbacks i get from trying to start my atomik reign 150cc dirtbike.Can i put an electric start on it?If i can i need to know where i can get it from and how to install it,basically i need all info on this topic.I have set the timing by setting the clearance valves and setting the camshaft with the flywheel but it still kicks back and its vicious on the foot.PLEASE HELP.

I'm not too sure if you can or can't. Do you have any spare wirers?

Are you kicking your bike right?

The right way to kick it is:
- Put slight amount of pressure on your kick starter till you get to the compression stroke (Hard to Kick bit),
- Bring the kick starter back up to where it sits with no pressure on it,
- Slowly push the kick starter down untill you fell it move slightly,
- Bring kick starter back up to normal with no pressure,
- Then kick it.

Thats how you surrpose to kick high comp engines over. You can crack cases and kick start geears by just kicking it.

yeh i know how to kick it over properly but it just still does it,real nasty on the ankle

you need to change the ignition..
is this a daytona style yx 150? im thinking so as these were shocking for kick back.
irk? yx ork?
but your self a lifan 150 ork and retard the timing, that should sort it out...
also be very careful with this kick back as it will kill the engine case..

and its not as easy as just bolting an e-start system up to it. you would need a stronger starter motor and some brackets fab'ed.
check out planet minis as there's a thread over there where firepowerminis (i think) does a conversion for one..

Latest posts

Back