Kickback.... do these engines have a torque limitter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaBlitzFanga

Reaction score
Or any other poor mans way of stopping it?
Noticed that even my brand new Dpro 160 kicked back on me
The real problem is the 250cc zongshen downstairs. Fit a forged kicker to replace the bent ****ty one on it. Which has a shorter radius to spin the engine faster, both ways. The engine has SO MUCH compression that when it does kick back, holy f*** it hurts. I occasionally loan the bike out to friends, and while it's funny watching it kick back on people who just will not listen (keep telling them how to start it but nooooo lets just kick madly at it :rolleyes:) it is downright dangerous and results in a good 5-10 minute 'time out' session

Spoon full of cement :p you could maybe retard the timing a little bit... or decomp it and make it electric start lol

everyone that rides my bike thats not really into riding has to stall it and then do exactly that... with the 250s and whatnot they have enough punch to break ankles so make sure they have there foot on a spot relativity close to your ankle and not on the tip of your foot/boot because it can damage you pretty bad in the right circumstance

can absolutely see it breaking something, especially with the shorter kick start. I'm ~90kg and can actually stand on the kick starter for a brief moment

Whats the process for changing the timing and is it something I can do without a timing light?

haha i can stand on mine on a 155 motor :p
if you have a adjustable stator plate then you can play with it after putting some marks on it where it originally was

Why not just teach them how to get it to tdc before kicking and not let them ride it if they don't, wont be funny when it kicks back and breaks your cases

wont be funny when it kicks back and breaks your cases

THIS!!! Stuff your foot, it repairs by itself, however a case/kickstart shaft e.c.t does not... And is a PITA to repair. Learn to kick from top dead centre OR do one of the following;
1) Install de-comp of some type (lever, button, or auto de-comp cam)
2) Install lighter stator (or adjustable)
3) Roll start only :)

Latest posts

Back