Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaneo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can cancel or increase the rev limiter on the Kitaco clone IR kits. My 140 lifan doesnt rev as hard now its got the kit fitted as when it had the old magneto. Anyone else noticed this?:confused: Sure it goes harder down low but it doesnt go as fast top end as it is hitting the limiter.

Never noticed on mine, its a 4-stroke postie bike engine - don't rev it too high

Yeah, I'd work on the timing advance/retard to get it right.

Unless you have a seriously worked engine, as in probably the most worked engine in Australia, you won't ever hit the rev limiter. On a stock bike, it just won't ever get that high.

Try moving the sensor all the way down, My mate had the same problem and I suggested he move it a couple of millimeters, he ended up moving it all the way down and now the bike now clears out in forth gear.

Maybe i got a dud one cause it is definatly hitting the limiter. tried the timing and its no difference either way. Thought i may have it too rich but the plug is perfect in colour.

Try moving the sensor all the way down, My mate had the same problem and I suggested he move it a couple of millimeters, he ended up moving it all the way down and now the bike now clears out in forth gear.

if yr mate moved it the sensor all the way down and it tops out in 4th then it sounds like its advanced..lol maybe too much.

Hey guys i was woundering if a inner rotor kit would be worth getting? I have also heard they dont work with the high preformance cdi's them blue 1's. Does the inner rotor kit work with a stock cdi on a orion?
cheers

is it advancing or retarding if you move it down?

The flywheel rotates anti-clockwise so moving the pickup down (clockwise) is advancing the ignition timing . Retarded timing will make the motor run flat up top ~ advancing will allow it to rev until the cam and valve springs reach their limits . Watch for detonation though . :) :cool:

ok so what is a good position to set the sensor to start ya tuning? I read somewhere here 2mm up ??

ok so what is a good position to set the sensor to start ya tuning? I read somewhere here 2mm up ??

Just advance it a bit at a time until it either reaches the max advance without problems - or starts detonating - then back it off a little until the detonation stops . The proper way to do it is to use a timing tape or advance curve timing light so you know the actual degrees of advance that the engine likes . :)

interesting? Maybe i have a weak or broken valve spring or something. It runs real sweet and strong everywhere in the rev range but i am hitting what seems to be the limiter at the top of every gear. It sounds like a limiter though not like valve float noise, it is a on and off even sound like a car one. Not a constant fluffy long sound. :rolleyes: Its pretty high in the revs but im sure it used to rev higher with the magneto in. It is still pulling hard until it hits this just thought it could do with a bit higher.Does it in every gear not just top. Maybe i will just go a few teeth smaller on the back sproket so it takes a little longer to hit it.

I was going to suggest valve float/bounce etc. but sounds like you know what that is and what that sounds like. How worked is your engine?

I mean, these CDI's go to 15,000rpm and the only engine I know going anywhere near that is a worked 110cc with 13hp @13,000rpm. I KNOW he is revving it that high as he has data aquisition and a tacho. Unless you have that sort of spec engine, I can't imagine you'd be going near 15,000rpm.

To do that you'd need a seriously wild cam with huge valves, springs carby porting etc.etc.etc.

Found the problem! The pickup was too close to the flywheel must have been touching when it got up in the revs. I mean real close. Moved it out a sniff and it screams now. Happy. It was driving me nuts. Cant believe how much it sounded like a rev limiter. Strange? I didnt think it would rev to 15000 thats ridiculous! Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Yeah well done Kaneo, how far off center is your pickup now? (up or down)

Have tried it everywhere but it seems to pull the hardest about 3/4 down. Thats where its staying for now. Now its goin well i dont want to jinx it.:D

Latest posts

Back