KMC vs RK Chains

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
I know most of us wouldn't touch a KMC chain with a 10 foot pole but I see allot of people buying them thinking it's a good chain, even listing them in their bike specs. For some reason all china bikes seem to come with KMC chains, even the High End bikes like Motoverts and it's one of first things you should replace on a new bike.
KMC chains are known to stretch quickly and keep stretching till the day they die. Also well know for falling off the sprocket or snapping which ends up destroying your left hand side engine case and snapping off the pickup mount.

If you're running a KMC it would be a good idea to throw it in the bin right now and get something decent like an RK or D.I.D...... unless you like replacing engines parts and adjusting the chain tension every 2 hours.

here's a KMC chain up next to an RK. both chains are #428, guess which ones the KMC?

KMC vs RK Chains 01.jpg

that's just another china rubbish chain, I've never used one but I bet it's just as bad as KMC. That's what you get for believing everything they tell ya at motorbike city lol

nah i need a new chain and they didn't have a D.I.D chain and i haven had a problem with the SFR hasen't rusted like my old chain (DID and i used everthing to stop it rust) and it hasen't streched

Kracks Many Cases chain Co share prices have just crashed like a Lead Zeppelin ...

Replacing the stock chain with a decent quality one should be 1st mod anyone thinks about ...

bike came with a KMC rode for like 2 hours,
could not be stuffed so i bought a DID gold chain for some strength and bling haha

i stayed #420 pitch for now, see how we go
________
FREE DRUPAL THEMES

Last edited:
MV24 you should keep WD40 away from your chain and scrub it with a dry wire brush to get the mud off.
If the china chains working for ya then good on ya but if it needs to be adjusted constantly you'll know why

KMC, RK and all those I never bother with on any bike. I always go for DID or Tsubaki coz they never let me down.

This is sort of relevent. Whats the difference between #420 and #428 pitch? Is it just the bulkeness of the links or the strenght of it?

Oh no idea whats on my bikes. Have to get a new one for the 110 though.. The 150 is fine though.

i only use d.i.d. Chains on my bikes, road and dirt. Only once have i tried an RK chain on my old trx850 commuter. Lasted about 1/2 as long as the d.i.d. I must have put 6 chains on that bike over the years. Had more than 130000kms on it when i sold it.

This is sort of relevent. Whats the difference between #420 and #428 pitch? Is it just the bulkeness of the links or the strenght of it?

Oh no idea whats on my bikes. Have to get a new one for the 110 though.. The 150 is fine though.

its how big they are not the strength. your 110 has a #420 pitch chain, most pitbikes do.

yea bulldog larger pitch means larger chain, so you also need larger sprockets

Latest posts

Back