KMC vs RK Chains

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell industrial chain at work, KMC is a cheaper chain but properly adjusted and continually maintained they will last, DID, RK are your much better but more expensive chain.

Never use WD40 on your chain lol i dont no why people do it, WD40 is a Cleaner/degreaser/solvent, use a chain oil, or a lubricant that has no throw off, i found chain wax to be the best

ive got a KMC 428 and its lasted 3 years of riding almost every day the bottm chain in the pic is a kmc, theyre very skinny

yip kmc is china rubbish dont waste ya time with it but it's cheap on the import and gives companies after market sales

420 and428 chains are the same 1/2" pitch but the 428 chain has a wider roller with and thicker side plates

tsubaki chains are pretty good and i get awsome life out of em in 420 standard i'm currently running rk 420h chain and it's holding up pretty good but has streched a bit with the 175 i'll go a tsubaki 420h next time if i can get it and see how that goes

i used did chain on my big bikes in the past and have never failed but there oring chain stretches quickly

best chain lub eout is a molykote mkln you apply it and leave it for 1/2hour then wipe off the excess dirt doesn't stick to it and the chain cleans up really well

as for wd40 inox is way better

wd40 is a chain killer, it washes all the lube out from inside the links

i use that "tac 2 lubricant" made for bearings, chain.. something like that is fine and its only 9 bucks a can at supercheap.

just got back from a ride with my trusty kmc chain lol
fell off 63 times when ever i hit a bump or 2 crunch BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP to the redline haha

looking for a new one under 30$
420 chain pitch,,

Latest posts

Back