ktm 65 with 125 engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samboy

Reaction score
I am looking at a KTM 65 2000/2001 rebuilt with a 125 engine. New engine only has 2 hours of riding.
This is for my 11 year old son who has done a small amount of riding on friends bikes.
My question is do you think this bike would be too powerful for him? It is high enough but I've heard (Im quite new at this) that KTM's are faster and more powerful than other brands.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Hey mate,

What sort of 125 is in it? A China or 2 banger Jap 125?

The ad just says "replaced with a 125cc 4 stroke engine".

I personally would stay away from it. Sounds like a frankenstein bike made up of odds and ends. It would want to be cheap if its far from original.

I reckon this would be it, $700 -
KTM SX 65 125cc | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Blacktown Area - Blacktown | 1068529476

KTM SX65 - Original 65 cc 2 stroke engine has been removed ---- Replaced with a 125cc 4 Stroke engine -- Bike is in very good condition -- Starts easy -- Runs great -- Very fast bike -- Strong & reliable -- Recent Service -- New tyre -- BARGIN $700

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

That front wheel looks like it'll lock up on the head first jump you go over

So they spliced a ktm frame and china 125 frame together looking at the pics? Why is the first thing that springs to mind, and stay well clear is the second thing that springs into my head!

If this is a standard KTM65 frame,

$(KGrHqZ,!k4E+CoFttO-BQGeBBHGLQ~~60_35.JPG

then yeah i'd be avoiding it,
it's had the drop down tubes cut off at the front near the head stem tube, and a pit bike frame grafted onto the back section of the top tube.
And yeah that head is too close to the front wheel to not hit.

Latest posts

Back