kx 65 kickstart issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenny17

Reaction score
hi guys i just picked up a kx65 for $100, not sure what year but old.

problem is the only way it will start it by roll starting it and even when completely warm it wont start with the kickstarter.it turns the engine over normally and everything but wont go. it will give the odd pop and thats it, so it has me stummped atm so any help would be great, i can upload a pic if need be

cheers

runs perfect whens it warm, idles nice and is responsive just wont start with the kicker

Photo-0031-1.jpg

not a great pic but you get the idea...

yep may be low on compression.
may also have stuffed reeds..

1 question tho.. how much smoke does it blow and have you noticed if its using gearbox oil? might have stuffed crank case seals..

it blows a little over average smoke for a 2 banger, and yes sean it has gear box oil i just re filled it

i asked if it is USING gearbox oil, meaning does the level drop but it doesnt have an oil leak..

the little over average smoke can be a sign of a leaky crankcase seal.. what fuel ratio are you running

Sounds like a worn-out KX60. I'd strongly suggest a freshen-up. Cheap and easy to work on. Bike stayed the same for it's run, but for a few minor changes. From what I've heard, the early 80 engine bolts in, too.

Welcome to Kawasaki.com

Latest posts

Back