Kx 85 shocks on a pitbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
Screenshot_20180604-152218.png

I came across this kx 85 the other day, and was thinking how hard would it be to put the front shocks off it on to me pit bike.

20170902_154641_002.jpg

Heard of people doing it, it would be good kx 85 shocks would be so much nicer.

Has anyone done this at all?

What forks do you have now??, are they adjustable??
Look like possibly gpx's??

Yeah man there's gpx ones on it atm. They bottom out pretty easy atm. Need to look at maybe heavier fork oil. 5w in atm. But i wouldnt mind the kx forks over the gpx's. If it dosent require cuting and wielding then i reckon it would be a great upgrade.

If your triple clamps are right size for the kx forks then maybe worth a try??, but otherwise I would just change your fork oil to 10w and go with that!
I just changed my gpx oil this wknd from factory **** to good 10w fork oil and the difference on the track was amazing!!
I got 180mls out of each fork and replaced each fork with the same amount of the new sh!#.
I have never bottomed out and have clickers set at about 15 out on rebound(top), and 8 in on compression(bottom).
I weigh 80-85kg without riding gear on if that helps...

If your wanting to take the plunge on jap forks, you'll be looking at around the $1000 mark to get it right, you'd Be using kx65 forks over the 85's because you'll end up over compensating for the frame/rake angle, too much rake, and the frame will just snap, too little it'll handle like your front wheel is underneath you,
If I was you id find a Ycf/Braaap factory and get some engi forks, or just stick the ho in the Ycf,
Only reason you don't be looking at $1000 is because, you'll need to get the kwaka triple clamp stem machined to fit pit bike bearings/possibly shortened too, then use the kwaka hub and get a 14" or 17" hub laced to the rim easy $300 just in the rim/ hub setup, anything can be done, just at a price ;)

I read somewhere u can repacle the pitbike headstem with the kx headstem and the use kx tripple clamps on the pitbike.

Then shorten the forks the a spacer and raise the height in the tripple clamps.

the only real way is to take the plunge and find, thats the only way you will know, shorten the forks with a spacer?
hmm unsure what you mean there?
engi forks, are manufactured under an agreement with KYB, using a larger lower fork diameter then 33mm (gpx) and even 35mm (marzocchi) i beleve they are around 39mm-38mm and around 780mm long, they are a well built fork,
less stuffing about, all youll need is a different triple clamp, 48mm-48mm clamp and you can install it right in your frame, and obvousily the right axel and spacers to suit, then your laughin, but still wouldnt bother, you can get a braaap pro factory with a daytona for a bout $1200 these days,

Ok then man thanks for the info. But atm the guy wants 450 for the kx roller so im most likely give it a miss unless he wants to come down a fair bit..
Where are you seeing braaap pro factorys for 1200.

ive seen them on FB when i was on there like 2-3 yrs ago, theres a mx1 on ebay atm!!! but theyre really stiff and not as forgiving as you think, and very twitchy, not as long of a wheel base, keep your eyes peeled on gummy, ebay and other websites, your sure to find something i picked up a near new braaap 88 for 400 odd and look at it now ;) hahaha

Latest posts

Back