Lams approved dirtbikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEO DPRO 037

Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on best lams approved bikes.
Want to get me licence and a go anywhere dirtbike.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Look at the Suzuki DR's 250, 400 etc, XR Honda 250,400 (mate has an XR400 2003 for sale i think, $3500), CRF450X's are pretty cheap now, Z50, WR Yamaha's, i see a lot of KTM'S around now too

Yeah looked at the suzuki drz400e as an option. Ktm's look amazing too. Husqvarna even do a 510 thats a learner legal if im not mistaken?!?!?

rmx250 best roadlegal bike ive owned... 2 stroke with a mixing tank and could pop wheelies at 100 when band kicked in... by the way i hate the new 4t bikes they all blow up so quickly

Id prefer 2 stroke too. Less maintenance and band rocks my socks more than any 4 stroke power.

My same mate that's selling the XR400 has a 1998 RMX250 he might sell, it's the first road registerable RMX

Ive still gotta get my licence before i do anything but now that i know what direction im heading in its motivating me even more.

Yeah i have paid for my L's, just haven't done the 2x 1/2 day course's yet.
It's crap that where they hold the course is 1 hour away for me,
there used to be one in the southern area too but they closed it and made it into a duckpond and skate park.

Where will you go? St agnes? Thats well under 30 mins from my place. Ill let you know when before i book mine and maybe we can go together dont let it lapse 12 months or you have to pay again yeah??

Yeah St Agnes, i was up that way yesterday.

Nah i reckon it's 5 year's, they told me that a while ago
My uncle want's to get his bike licence too

ive owned both drz 400 and rmx 250 (still have it).. Drz does everything well as far as an enduro bike, strong mid range, robust engine, crap clutch , l converted to heavy duty and never had to touch valves in 8000k ...but nothing great.. My rmx 250 has around 5000 k useable power band only done a piston ring change around 3000k ,rides great with wider bars, ergo a bit old school but still cuts through the bush great ,good off jumps as well. l have road rego on it but only ride to township for fill ups when in the forest .. The Drz is better on road but needs a kickstart kit for the bush.. easy to install around $300 . I did it wto mine as l got caught out with no power at the bottom of a creek..

Brenton,
you should have kept that DT200 i see a few of them around too.

Was too much work for me, all the wires were chopped, needed tyres, there was a small rust hole in fuel tank that i bodgied up, the build plate had been removed. I was chasing something smaller (kx80) that fits in the van at the time anyway. But year if i had the knowhow wouldnt of been impossible. View attachment 12229View attachment 12230
This was it only days after i traded it. He was a bit like you craig, engine/bike wizard. It would have been on the road long ago now surely

My same mate that's selling the XR400 has a 1998 RMX250 he might sell, it's the first road registerable RMX

98 rmx250 is what i had aswell. wish i never sold it as it was the best bike ive owned. had a 98 xr250, 02 wr250f, 01 yz426f, 02 yz250, 00 yz400f, 97 gsx400(roadbike) and nothing was as fun as the rmx250. and the reliability of it. rode about 8000km without any maintenance apart from gearbox oil and chain lube.

also wish i bothered to go get my p's when i had my moto l's as i've had them three times and always forget to go do the p's in time...

Paid for my course. Now lock it in eddy!

Middle of december!!! Done & done

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back