Leaking fork seals??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZ_XR8cing

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
I have noticed of late plenty of people having issues with leaking fork seals and jumping straight to the conclusion of replacing them when in most cases that is not whats required.
I myself have had leaking fork seals after a day of racing in very muddy conditions and giving the forks a hammering all day. I looked into my options for replacing my forks seals and came across a product called seal mate. Only cost a few bucks and it solved my problem.
As the forks move up and down the dust cap and seal usually push the dirt down out of the way but sometimes particles can become stick in the seal area and cause oil to leak past. You have to be careful of what you stick in there as you may damage your fork seal,dust cap or even worse your fork leg.
I have only had to use this product twice and both times it worked a treat.
I have had 4 bikes. Raced and ridden socially for a few years and racked up many hours on my bikes and to date ( hope I have not jinxed myself here) I have not had to replace fork seal once.
Before posting on this forum about replacing fork seals do yourself a favour and get to your local bike shop and buy 1 of these and try it before posting.
I would like to hear peoples feedback on success stories on this page and less of people looking for fork seal replacement help.
http://sealmate.net/

maybe im a perfectionist but if there is a seal gone.. its because there is dirt down there i want to get it out or else i feel dirt grinding in my mind every time im on the bike... but i guess if its not a expensive fork or a gpx fork then yeah its better to not worry about the seal and just chuck in sealmate or something similar

yeah the Sealmate cleaner has been around for a while now, they are good.

i use a bit of old 35mm camera film to do the same job.
the square slots pick up quite a bit of dirt etc out of the seals too

Latest posts

Back