LEI 125cc Lifan vs Predator 140cc Lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig89

Reaction score
I've been riding street bikes for a while and plan on buying a minibike, from all the forums i've been reading people seem to be saying lifan engines are the better than the other chinese engines. just wondering what the other key things to look for on a minibike are?
was looking at buying one off ebay either a
140CC ALLOY PREDATOR PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR PR4
or a
2007 LEI XR 125CC THUMPSTAR LIFAN MOTOR TRAIL DIRT BIKE
are either any good or just ebay crap that will fall apart after one ride?
any other suggestions?
Cheers

hey mate i just bought one of those LEI bikes the other day, i havent got it yet but if you want a lei, get the model with usd forks etc...not much more expensive and the xr model looks like a peice of sh1t anyway...dunno about the predator tho...hope this helps..

I bought the Lei XR125cc last wk. Put about 3 tank fulls of petrol through it so far. No problems yet. Mine had a few bent bits and a couple of screws where stuffed.
I have never ridden any other pitbike but they seem to go pretty good. I karted my gf and I (combined weight of around 100kg) up some pretty big hills without much problems.
I did notice that it jumped out of second into neutral on one occasion.
Only thing I rly did to it was lock tight all the bolts and oiled up the front and rear suspension bushes, they where dry and squeaking.
The other thing I will do when my new 12" front wheel arrives is replace all 4 wheel bearings with new ones.... my last pocketbike broke these within a couple of wks.
All I seem to be doing now is bidding on performance upgrades on ebay lol

Hope this helps

I swear i typed a long response to this! wtf!

Anyways....

Ill try again

I bought one of these Lei XR a wk ago. Have ran about 3 tanks of fuel through it and it has been fine. I did have to lock tight all the bolts and oil the suspension bushes because they where squeaking.
A few of the bolts needed replacing because of the dodgey chinese metal. It goes pretty good, although I cant compare as I have not ridden any other chinese mini dirt bike.
No doubt it will have plenty of problems along the way, but I dont mind tinkering.. part of the enjoyment in a way.

I just goto change all the bearings to good ones as they stuff up pretty early on... well at least on my last pocketbike they did

hope this helps

Lei Xy-s 125

Hey mate, i too have just bought one(waiting on delivery) of these and was wondering if you had any other major probs with the bike? Have you jumped it at all, if so how did it go, am i gonna break it doing jumps?? cheers
josh

Lei Xy-s 125

hey mate, where have you been getting the upgrades??

hey worm how much did you pay for the lei coz i been looking into buying one but a mate said the xr125's are cheaply built...has there been any probs with yours??

Melb dealer is right.

I am a mechanic in a bike shop and i see lots of stuffed Lifan 140 motors if they are started "CORRECTLY" they are ok. But if people try starting this motor in a normal way that you would start most pitbike motors you could have a problem. I have seen lots of Lifan 140 motor stuff. Broken kick starter gear. Then the broken teeth get jammed in the gears most of the time and break crankcases THIS IS NOT GOOD. Then get the motor and drop it in the bin not worth fixing. Buy YX 140 motor that Motovert & 08 Pitpro's use and happy riding. Lifan 125 & 110 are great just always keep your air filter clean and well oiled and engine oil clean on all motors.

I have three of the LEI XR 125cc Zongsheng bikes.

The main thing is to check ALL nuts and bolts after putting it together.

I didnt tighten the front fork // shocks in enough and they slipped up a little.
Easy fixed in 2 minutes.

Have thrashed them, gone through deep water and jumped them. So they
can take a beating.

The gear boxes on them like other pitbikes makes finding neutral a pain now and again
but other than that, so far so good.

For the price "I havnt paid over $360 yet" you cant go wrong, they are cheap
to repair if need be also.

I am also working on a Rec Reg kit for these bikes if anyone is interested i will
let you know how i go.

XX_RydeR.

Chinas

Mate if your on a budget china bikes are the way to go, why should those who cant afford name brand bikes miss out on having some fun. If they break to bad fix it, everyone knows there is a limit to what you should expect from them, I wouldn't be riding at all if these chinese bikes weren't around my pitpro 125 has had a couple of dramas that warranty sorted out besides thats the gamble you take. Maybe you should gamble on moving out of home and paying your own way and realise the cost of living. Wont ride a chinese bike but will wear CHINESE clothing.:p

i bought a LEI 125 xr a few weeks back n on the 2nd day my clutch didnt work nemore...i stil havent got round 2 fixing it yet...but it goes pretty good...my handle bars keep moving even though ive tightened them as tight as i can get em...im thinking of gettin a crf50 or a drz70 maybe n modding it so it flys:D

i bought a LEI 125 xr a few weeks back n on the 2nd day my clutch didnt work nemore...i stil havent got round 2 fixing it yet...but it goes pretty good...my handle bars keep moving even though ive tightened them as tight as i can get em...im thinking of gettin a crf50 or a drz70 maybe n modding it so it flys:D

Clutch didnt work? Snapped cable? You should find the problem and let them know and they should replace it.

i bought a tdr 125cc lifan of ebay for $540 waiting for dilivery are these bikes enygood and what should i do to keep this bike running for as long as possible.

I have had a atomik hummer for the past 2 years and just bought a Kuda pro my mates have atomik links i must say not a bad bike until i started getting over the top vibration when i pulled down the motor a 250cc loncin i was dissapointed to see the down grade of components from earlier motors from loncin. The clutch cluster is now held in place with a circlip and side movement of approx 8mm causing unbalance. I had my mates 08 link in the workshop to replace timing chain had a look at his clutch to find a locking nut retaining the cluster the same with my hummer all motors loncin. I went back to atomik and questioned why a critical part was down graded but the cost of there bike has gone up. My solution was to remove spline shaft and machine a thread and install locking nut.

Latest posts

Back