LEI MOTO XY/XR 125..... Good or Bad?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minibben

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im thinking about getting into the pit bike world and i've come across these 2 bikes that im pretty intersted in. I've read some stuff about the old models and apparently the frames and swingarms were a bit dodgy. Im over 6ft and around 80kgs, any feedback on the good and bad things would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

XR 125:
XR125

XY 125:
XY125cc

haha thanks heaps! i thought that it might be a bit like that.

price range is someting around $1000 - $1500 and im not planning on racing or anything like that, just a bit of fun

anything a little cheaper? a bit closer to the $1000 mark? and i wont be jumping or any of that

Yeah atomik nitrous then. Get the 150 or 160 model. Be roughly between 600-700. Then shipping on top of that. then that leaves a bit for some upgrades. Straight up you'll want new bars and a rear shock!

thanks for all that! really helped.
is there any chance that i can just leave out the upgrades and stuff because im only thinking about using just on the weekends, nothing to hard or seriuos just around dirt roads and stuff. im not too concerned with any of the detailed performance stuff at the moment but i know i will be in the future. im just looking for a decent good quality bike like the nitrous for some fun

ever heard of "you get what you pay for"? see if you buy something cheap, its gunna take some work to get it going decent. the general set up ie. new oil, set the valve clearences and things like that. and still you will need to replace the tyres, fork oil is a good idea as stock is poo. if you wanna do it cheap, you will have to put in some hard yards.
good luck

mate for what you want it for it'll be fine stock.

Just tighten all the blots and go ahead.

jeez guys all he wants to do is go down a few dirt roads for some fun

yeah... no major upgrades will really be needed if he is just gonna toy around with it once in a while... shedding all that $$$ and hardly riding it to me would seem kinda pointless....

I say go with it and then just use that as your first experience to learn the mechanics of the bike and get a feel for twistin the wrench on it.... It will teach you how to maintain a bike, oil changes, locktite, keep the chain lubed and nice...

and if your only using it once in a while I would try to keep it in good shape too... any pit bike in good condition can be sold or traded for a better one... and if the one you have is still looking good at that point... could be some kids dream come true..... same for you if you happen to sell it for something better....

all in all though there are alot of atomik owners out there that are happy with thier bike just becasue they took good care of it, and in return it took care of them...

always check the site too and search for a bike your interested in....there is eons of information laying around on here that WILL help =)

Latest posts

Back