Lifan 125cc Oil Pressure Gauge

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airsofter91

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I am new to this site. I have a 125cc Lifan engine (1P54FMI) that runs nice. It does not have an oil cooler. I mounted it to a Tomos Targa LX, and becuase this engine was desigend for a pitbike, and lower speed operation, and dealing with dirt and stuff. The way it is being run now, is on the road cruising around 40-50 not doing to much work, and I don't run it to hard. (Putfile Photo Album Detail - Moped. It is a sick fast moped, and I really enjoy riding it. But I was just wondering if there way any way to get an oil pressure gauge? Has anybody done it? Also, where would I put the sending unit? Another thing that I would like to ask all of you, is what normal engine operating tempatures are, right at the head, or spark plug? I am running 250F, that I measured with an IR gun. Does that sould about right? I would like this engine to last a long time. One last thing, what should be valve clearences be?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

James

Oops!!! So sorry, this was ment for "Tech Talk"...If the moderator could please move it there...

Real sorry everyone.

250f is way 2hot
u will need a oil cooler and try 2 get it to sub 200f if u want a good long life for the motor.

Last edited:
pretty hard to measure the temp with one of those guns. best is to get a temp gauge dipstick like what they use on harleys etc. you will find the temp wont be that high. :)

Thank for the advice guys. Do you know where I could get an oil temp dipstick, that would work? And I don't know if it means anything or not, but the lawn mower engine ran at exactly the same temp as my bike, 250F right where the spark plug threads in. Nobody has any idea about other gauges?

Thanks again,

James

Latest posts

Back