Lifan 140 - Best Carb to run

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shreddin

Reaction score
What's the best size carb to run on a stock Lifan 140? Is a 26mm better than a 30mm? Can one be tuned better than the other :confused:

Thats a bloody good question shreddin, I'd like to hear some ideas / experiences on this one. I rekon mine is running rich with the 30mm mikuni & considering even the most worked over racing motors around are running max 28mm I think it might be overkill. It certainly drinks a heap more juice than the little blokes 125

I got 25mm Mikuni on My MotoVert, and its fine Wouldnt go any Bigger Most guys think 30mm is the go But, the Polini Motard has a 22mm (Mikuni) And I reckon would be Quicker then any Motard on this Forum... ;)

Yeah, I'm thinking 26mm would be the go. I think maybe 30mm is more for the mines bigger than yours factor rather than adding performance. Still would like to have it confirmed by someone running one on a 140 though. Anyone?

whered did you get the 30mm carby from because often they are jut 26mm carbys which are hyped up to be a "huge" 30mm, personally i would run 26mm so if you have a 30mm carby which is actually a 26mm than it would be right on the money

It really depends. If you want low down torque etc, bigger is worse. Smaller carbs work better at slower speeds. but then, if you're after wide open type application, ie motard, then bigger can be better. but you have to have the motor to support it ie. porting, valves, cam etc.etc.

Having said all this, my motard's gears is stuffed. I have 4 gears and only ever use two of them! 3rd and 4th. I NEED the low down because I odn't have the gearing to keep the engine spinning up high where a large carb would want it to.

Because of this, a 25 seems to work well. I've heard of the chapionship winning motard bike in MMMCI running a 24mm flat slide, but then I don't really believe much of what that guy says. Motor racing is 99% BS, 1% real. Learnt that from racing cars.

If you could get a gear box to keep the bike running where it wants to, then bigger would be better. 30mm MAY be over kill in some situations, but in other it might work very well. The guy who runs the VSMR said that if he was getting back into it, he'd run a 30mm carb but have choke inserts to lower it to a 26mm, 28mm etc. to suit the conditions and applications.

Food for thought

Those 30 and 26mm carbs are (roughly) these measurements at the mouth, but are choked down at the slide to much smaller sizes. Sells carbys.

Latest posts

Back