Lifan 140 or GPX 125?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samboco

Reaction score
Just wondering thoughts, opinions, preferences you may have to either one of these motors?

Already have a Kitaco exhaust that will suit Lifan or GPX. Think it just needs an adapter tho to fit HO type?

I would probally choose the lifan 140 because of the extra power.

Already have a Kitaco exhaust that will suit Lifan or GPX. Think it just needs an adapter tho to fit HO type?
Nope it doesen´t its the same head...the Zong is basicly a downgraded Daytona 125 without that fancy sidecover and its waaay stronger than a Lifan 140

^^^^ speaking from experience, the Lifan 140 has had a pretty bad run in terms of reliability. The gear box being 1 down 3 up makes it prone to jump into neutral and my mates have had nothing but gear problems.

As for khalids comment, I have noticed that the GPX 125 has more punch the 140, its a race type engine and it allows for alot higher revving.

well it really comes down to what you need the engine for...

if its for road use then id go the lifan 140 as they have better internal gearing..

if its for track work id go the gpx 125..

also not all lifan 140's are 1 down 3 up, majority are 4 up now..

as for gearbox problems, its sad to say that all engines suffer from the same problem but i believe its a manufacturing issue... (different from batch to batch)

Zongshen 110 semi auto! haha

the lifan would be my choice out of those 2 motors tho

^^ well said Sean, the problems my mates had all came from the 1d 3u setup so could of been an unlucky run with those.

well i have gpx 125 and its a weapon but strongly advise puttin 26 mm oko on it and ull love it

if its for road use then id go the lifan 140 as they have better internal gearing..

as for gearbox problems, its sad to say that all engines suffer from the same problem but i believe its a manufacturing issue... (different from batch to batch)

Yep, 4 up now.

Also, it will be purely for road use.

lifan 140 would be my choice purely because they have a better cruise speed/rpm..

at work we have 2 posties and a close friend has 1 also.. 1 has a yx140 black motor, 1 has a zonger 140 and the other a lifan 140.. the yx and zonger pull thru the gears better but they seem there revving more...

either engine you buy just be nice to the gearbox lol...

i reckon the GPX125, haven't heard much good things about the lifan and my gpx just keeps going and its got heaps of power and has been a really good motor.

i reckon the GPX125, haven't heard much good things about the lifan and my gpx just keeps going and its got heaps of power and has been a really good motor.

How long have you had it, and how many k's? What aort of riding do you do?

i've had it since they came out so early 2010, motocross riding everyweekend for about 4 hours till around late september i got a new bike, broke a selector when sprocket snapped off but fixed that pretty easy no prob since. been sitting for a long time and started it up pretty easy and rode it last weekend went pretty good
not sure on how many k's it has

yep had mine for ages and had problems id be keen to see how it would go on road

I have a Lifan 140 on a postie bike here in Arizona that gets used every day both on and off road but not raced. It now has 5800 miles (9300+ Km) on it and has had no problems whatsoever.

i havent had a lian 140 but have had the 125 with 1dwn 3 up and also had gear problems within the first 100km on road but like sean said can get 4 up now and could also been bad batch. but i currently have the gpx 125 with 26mm mikumi carb and 14t front and 36 t rear sprockets on 10 inch wheels with pro crcuit exhaust and it is an absolute weapon lifts very easily in first and gets about 95 100 flat in 4th i think its a great motor deff recomend it but would mayb gor for a diff carby mybe a flatside :)

Latest posts

Back