Lifan 140 Stator Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my chain popped off and hit the magnet sensor that the flywheel spins past and busted the sensor. After taking sensor apart I reassembled everything with but didn’t readjust the clearance of the sensor and flywheel. I still didn’t get spark so I ordered a new Amazon Lifan 140 stator. Last night I installed the new stator, the clearance was really close but didn’t appear to be touching. After reassembly still no spark 🙈. Does anyone know the spec so that I can bend the magnetic stator sensor to the correct position with a feeler gauge? Or do you think I may have a secondary issue? I have checked my connections and everything looks good…

Attachments

• 3D693599-371A-49F9-A5E7-C29571B379E3.jpeg
    3D693599-371A-49F9-A5E7-C29571B379E3.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi, just curious, is this the same bike from another thread?

So my chain popped off and hit the magnet sensor that the flywheel spins past and busted the sensor. After taking sensor apart I reassembled everything with but didn’t readjust the clearance of the sensor and flywheel. I still didn’t get spark so I ordered a new Amazon Lifan 140 stator. Last night I installed the new stator, the clearance was really close but didn’t appear to be touching. After reassembly still no spark 🙈. Does anyone know the spec so that I can bend the magnetic stator sensor to the correct position with a feeler gauge? Or do you think I may have a secondary issue? I have checked my connections and everything looks good…
Hi there, any updates?

Please let me know if you solve this problem
I have a lifan 250cc vtwin with no spark

I replaced the stator and sensor and cdi box and coils and still no spark

Yes I do and it all seems to be fine but without a similar bike I cant be sure

Probably a dumb question but have you checked the spark plug? I would search for a wiring diagram an test the voltage at each wire. You may be able to buy a whole new harness, but I doubt the lifan 250 is anything like a 140. Thats a vertical motor mine is horizontal

The closest diagram I can find is for a Yamaha 250 Virago
The plugs are new also
This bike has been sitting in the desert since 2008 It only has 700 miles on itDont know why someone tore it apart but they really messed it up
Im going out for a while will reply later

I just bought a harness and electronics on flea bay for a virago im going to gut it and start over

Thanks for repling Ive been trying to get a response for about a month

Change that to a Kawasaki harness and hardware from a 250 ATV the spark system should work no matter what
Wish me luck

I did notice that there is no way to adjust the sensor gap since the stator is in in the outer case and has to be on the bike and you cant get to them with the case in position
I have checked the output voltage from the sensor as I spin the engine and it is putting out voltage
the stator is putting out voltage for the battery
this is what things looked like when I got the bike
There are 10 splices in a 5 inch section of the harness

Attachments

• 20220804_181925.jpg
    20220804_181925.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220804_181945.jpg
    20220804_181945.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I have rebuilt and worked on many of these horizontal motors and have a lifan 140cc on my honda ct every single time I space the sensor from the flywheel I use a business card lol a small engine mechanic taught me that years ago and between these mini motors, lawn mowers, weed wackers and chainsaws it works every time.. let me know if you're still having an issue and I'll walk you through your troubleshooting steps

How do you gap the sensor when it is mounted in the outer case with the stator and the flywheel is in the inner case and there is no way to to see/feel/ or touch the sensor??

Latest posts

Back