Lifan 140 trouble

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX-747

Reaction score
Gday folks
So I'm working on this Lifan 150
Well it's actually a 140 shifty people at tdr though they'd sell more if it say 150 or something hahah
So I Found a complete junker the other week in a pile of rubish lol had flat tyres horrible amount of surface rust broken levers ripped seat filthy carby afew red backs :eek: I figured I'd give it some love
But it seem to just spin when I turn it by hand I couldn't feel the piston moving so I took the clutch cover off and all the teeth are there nothing broken off
And took head and cylinder off piston and rod seem OK
At first I thought it must be the Kickstarter that is no good but it is spinning fine and moving the front sprocket I no it's easier to just buy a new motor for it but rather just repair it
What am I not seing?

could the clutch be slipping?? I know these engines have to be started with the clutch disengaged . It feels very much like what you described if i squeeze the clutch when i kick mine.

had a second look and turned out to be the kick starter shaft this one ended up in the pile of other junk parts hahah I'm using the head to learn how to port
Thanx anyway

Latest posts

Back