Lifan 140cc Just won't start to matter what I do!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEGACDX

Reaction score
I've been working on this little ****er for a long time never got it to run, I've got it to start twice once last year and one this year but it seem no matter how hard I try I cannot get this **** to start.

I'll give you what I know works. I am getting good spark, I am getting fuel, I am kicking from TDC I have checked the engine for wear on the inside it's very good. It's got new gas new oil and the spark plug is gapped right, Carb has been cleaned.

Here some some of my problems. The thing kicks back like a ***** I almost broke my foot. The clutch when in gear is super draggy on gears 1-2 it's better on 3-4 but it does not feel like it does in neutral. I have tightened up my cables and have a long pull on my clutch handle.

I've tried bump starting but I cannot get it moving fast enough because of the drag.

I have also tired retarding the ignition timing by moving the pickup. I do not know what the hell I need to do to get this ****er to start. I hope someone can help me out.

Last edited:
remove the flywheel and check if it didn't spin a few degrees on the axle.
don't know the name if that little piece that hold the flywheel in it's correct place :p
check if that didn't break.

+1
If its kicking back theres a good chance the flywheel has sheared the woodruff key and spun out of alignment.
Most people don't realise that the woodruff key is only there to keep the flywheel aligned while you torque it up. It is kept aligned by being torqued onto the taper of the crank, if its not torqued up 100% the inertia of the flywheel shears the woodruff key off and the flywheel spins on the crank

I have checked and it's all fine on the fly wheel side, Woodruff key is in good working order. I didn't have a puller so it was ****ing hard to get off but I do have impact tools for the nut so it's not all bad. I have moved one of the gears on the cam gear down one tooth, it was up a bit above the top dead center mark. I hope this retards it so it's not impossible to start.

I actually managed to get it started by bump starting, it runs well enough but I have some questions. My engine gets hot like really hot after running in idle for 10-20 mins is that normal? MY bike may run and drive but I cannot use it because my 320/23.5mm stem bearing is broken and my rear swing arm bearings are also gone RS 6000 bearings anyone know where I can get them?

To me sounds like it's too lean, could also make it hard to start. That can also cause kickback, gave me a real shock! The bearings look like they should be a very common size, search on eBay or call a local bearing shop. Not sure about other people, but I like skf for bearings. We use a lot at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi peep I got a lifan 140 supermoto bin dry stored for a few years got out won't start got bright blue spark shit loads of compression got fresh oil and fuel. Sounds like it wana start. All clearance on velves and tdc if fine.. Its kinda strange I'm starting to believe its a crank baring that has got ruff. So might have to change Botton end any ideas befor I do? Thanks in advance peepz also put petrol ⛽ in spark plug and still nothing

Latest posts

Back