lifan 140cc what to do next ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerroy

Reaction score
ok so i have found out that my to be purchased soon 140cc Lifan engine will fit in my ABG29 (Atomik Pro X)

what else do i need to do ? should i upgrade the CDI ? change carbi ?

on my ducar engine the swingarm mounts through the engine via a bracket will this be the same on the 140cc ?

should i change my sprocket ? to a 37 tooth one ?

whats the next upgrades (apart from usual change oil sparkie lock tight everything and change the bike from atomik hehhe)

thanks guys

Last edited:
mate it dnt fit in right away u have 2 options. bend clucth arm up or grind frame. i dont option one and i just bent the arm up and its a lil heavy but it works so im happy.

I wouldnt change anything until its up and going and run in. Then worry about sprockets etc. You should probably give your carby a tune and rejet if necessary just to be sure

i got a 140 lifan in my 21. i didnt change the carby or sprockets, and if u dont already have one get a heavy duty chain. i made a silencer for mine because it was too loud. you dont need to change your cdi, but i had to redo my wiring because the cdi didnt fit. and if the engine comes with a new manifold and it is shorter than the one that is currently on your bike put the short one on because there is stuff all room for ur carby.

cheers mate good luck with the bike

cool thanks for the info guys

ill just run in the engine then and then worry about other stuff

and yeah have a heavy duty chain chinese one sagged first ride :p

thanks again

Hey Jayden

i got it from sticker boy on ebay its not 100 % suited for the 29 bike well most will fit fine but i had to do a bit of chopping looks ok though ill post up pics of bike soon

DC sticker pack here

jayde did u rejet ya carby?

no, i didnt go near the jets. i set the pin inside the carby so that the clip is on the second groove from the bottom and i put a tiny washer inbetween the pin and the slider so that the pin doesnt move up and down. also i tuned the air fuel mixture a bit and now it runs fine. i have also got a better quality air filter.

cheers

Latest posts

Back