lifan 150 cam?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljohn_92

Reaction score
Ok its probably been asked a million times but what cam fits the lifan 150 head?

Whats the difference between a 125 and a 150 cam as i have a 125 cam (z40) and it doesnt fit the 150 head.

I cant remember if the length is different or just the bearing sizes?

im wanting a little more punch out of my gpx146 engine. it already has hi-comp piston, 150 head, outer rotor kit, hd clutch and valve springs, 32mm exhaust and a 26mm oko.

cheers guys

Last edited:
The 125 could be Z40 cam for yx engine. The cam end bearings are different on lifan and yx engines. The length is same on all lifan big valve stud type (even yx) crf type engines.
You can use that cam if you take your old lifan 150 cam to the bearing shop and get new cam spark plug side bearing (or just use old one off lifan 150 cam) and just swap the bearing on the Z40 cam.

The Lifan 150 cam's are 74mm end to end, 35mm o/d gear side bearing and 32mm o/d on the other end
Swap the Lifan bearing onto the Z40 cam
Do you have the 32t gear for the Z40 or 28T ?

Last edited:
ok so turns out my z40 is only 69mm long. so from what ive read is for the old 125/138 lifan head... so ill be needing to buy another cam and sprocket as its hiding if its here.

anywhere in aus sell the cams?

Clive cams in melbourne can grind the TB honda style race cam. I got him to make the master a few months back for my twin. It cost me a stack of money, so hopefully someone else can make use of it.

Latest posts

Back