Lifan 150 "daytona like" adjustable stator help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motodevo

Miniriders OG Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Anyone know how to test the Daytona copy stator fitted to the Lifan 150, its an 8 wire stator and i dont know how to test it, atm not getting any spark and want to work out if its the stator or the cdi, already eliminated the ignition coil and loom?
Thanks

i can give you the Ohms reading for the pickup coil, this is the small pickup that sits on the outside of the flywheel, this coil sends the signal to the cdi to fire

set your multimeter to 2000 Ohms,
then put the red test lead to the pink wire,
and the black test lead to the green w/white stripe.
you should have pretty close on 130 Ohms

Cheers mate, I'll check it out once the kids go to bed, oh Yeh I meant to say 8 wire cdi in my first post not 8 wire stator

yeah thats ok, i knew what you meant.
my multimeter battery died tonight when taking the measurements, i think i have a spare somewhere.
edit, found another battery.

set your meter to 20 Ohms, and put the leads to the black w/red, and red w/white, either way around,
they should measure very close on 11 Ohms

when kicking the bike over, you should get around 40V AC at the coil input(black w/yellow stripe) / earth (green) too

im guessing you have measured the primary and secondary resistance readings on the coil already?

Thanks xr for all your help. Stator was stuffed. One of the source coils had a gouge in it cutting through half dozen strands of the copper, was brand new but I bought it 2 years ago and never took it out of the postpack so no chance of a refund/exchange now. Being impatient/broke/a tightwad I measured the size of the wire and found out it was0.3mm, so I went down to jaycar and bought a roll of 0.3mm en copper wire and rewound the stuffed winding and bingo I now have spark. 6.95 vs 50 bucks and I don't have to wait for it to get posted. Very happy, + reps coming your way, thanks again mate

very good mate,
most people wouldnt even touch the windings.
do you remember how many turns there were by chance?

i have 2 of these outer rotor kits for my bikes but haven't fitted either yet.
they are basically an exact copy of the KTM 125cc, and 150cc stators.
so if you ever get stuck, there is another source for you...

cheers, craig

A lot. Didn't count just wound until it looked the same as the other winding next to it, using a toothpick to keep it neat as I went. When I decided I had enough I rubbed the coating off each end and tested it with the multimeter, it was 5.9 ohms and the other one was 6 ohms, close enough I figured (11.9 ohms total). Soldered it all and wrapped some cloth over the winding and coated it with 5 min araldite like the others. I have a nice fat blue spark, have to wait and see how it goes once I put the bike together, if it doesn't work I'm only down 7 bucks

Latest posts

Back