lifan 150 twin output stator mod

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it's worked for ya! i haven't touched the post since this mod and still have a few gremlins to iron out.

Have a bunch of goodies waiting at home for the posties next evolution but am concentrating on my 4x4 build at the moment.

Hello!

I'm having problems with my Lifan outer rotor kit. I've done the mod described in this topic but the max voltage from the rectifier is only 9 volts DC (between the red wire and earth). I need at least 12v to charge a battery from which I use all the lights. The yellow wire from the stator shows around 10-30 volts AC.

This is what I did. I disconnected the white wire from earth and ran it to the white wire on the rectifier. The only change the mod did was that the voltage now rises faster on low rpm.

So how to get more volts?

I'd really appreciate your help!!

Last edited:
so your running the yellow wire to your reg/rec , you have placed the white earth wire to your ,reg/rec,IE undowene the screw from backing plate , then soldered a wire to that to gain more length then place that wire to your reg/rec? yes

so when you have done that , you test your red pwr wire out of your reg/rec with a dc volt meter , and you get 9 volts at idle ?
either your earth wire is not grounded to your frame and or your wire you have joined is not joined well enough

those are my only idea's ,, this mod works as i had run it for a very long time and never a flat batt
it also with work by just splicing the yellow wire to your reg/rec and not joining the white wire to your reg/rec

you should also run your headlights and tail lights on ACpwr , to save the draw on your batt

I'm getting 9 volts dc at max rpm. Maybe 1 volt at idle. I'll check my connections and see if it helps. If it doesen't i think ill try some other stator/flywheel set.

Thanks for the help!

well i had another think about it , sounds to me like the ac wire is earthing out , look for anywhere its split or rubbed threw ,,, the stock lifan 140 rotors work well but wont rev up as fast as the outer rotor kit

i would think tho you have a bad earth

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but, I'm not able to figure out why my rectifier/regulator is overcharging my capacitor bank

my capacitor is 8.5 farads rated at 15vs my rectifier output is strange i get 12-14v DC and 18-20DC from the red charging wire....

I have the lifan stator with the ONE Yellow lighting wire, it outputs around 20-50v AC without the regulator/rectifier...

My problem is I though the regulator/rectifier is supposed to shunt excess voltage to the battery.

It runs the lights fine, but then it gets overcharged and my Capacitor Bank's Over voltage protection kicks in at 15.8v....

So Did i buy the wrong rectifier/regulator? Is it Bad? or do i need a real battery? It runs fine for like 15 minutes but as soon as you try and ride, it gets over charged....

How can i prevent it from overcharging my Capacitor? I need the capacitor because the lighting output alone wont trigger my blinkers.

Latest posts

Back