Lifan 150cc Q's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3NNINGS_024

Reaction score
hey everyone, i need an engine for one of my mini builds and i was considering the lifan 150. Some of you guys must own or have rode a bike with a lifan 150 in it. So i was just wondering what sort of power these donks put out? Do they go hard? Like comapring it to a yx 150 or a z155(I've rode bikes with both these engines).

any info will be awesome:cool:

lifan 150 has similar power to a yx150..

what you have to ask yourself is what future plans do you have with the engine.
like performance upgrades..
lifan 150's arent as easy to big block or get going compared to a yx which has hot up parts on every site you come across.

also what bike is this engine for?

and just for reference, im not a fan of the lifan 150. seen some weird stuff fail in them..
snapped cranks
broken cases are the clutch input shaft
then the usual broken kicker gears and clutch cover..

lifan 150 has similar power to a yx150..

what you have to ask yourself is what future plans do you have with the engine.
like performance upgrades..
lifan 150's arent as easy to big block or get going compared to a yx which has hot up parts on every site you come across.

also what bike is this engine for?

and just for reference, im not a fan of the lifan 150. seen some weird stuff fail in them..
snapped cranks
broken cases are the clutch input shaft
then the usual broken kicker gears and clutch cover..

The engine will be for a perimeter frame bike (same as fused's build) and will be mainly used for trail riding.

I though lifan 150's were fairly reliable. Thats why i was considering buying one cuz when i hit the trails i dont want the thing breaking down 10km away from camp.

edit:
As far as mods go, i got a oko 26mm flatty ready to go and i might get better cam.......maybe even some porting.

Last edited:
with basic mods it would be ok..

something i should of said earlier was.. all engines have faults but some worse than others..
another thing is usually faults happen from maintenance neglect or improper maintenance..

just remember that the upgrade potential isnt as good with a lifan 150... 160cc or slightly bigger is there limit..
but cams, springs, clutches etc are do-able

cheers sean, your a wealth of knowledge lol

i see that TB have a BVH for the lifan 150 so might invest in one of them in the future...if i get a 150.

if i was wanting to go up in cc's on the lifan 150, how would i go about doing so?

i got 1 i ride every day , but only street , good usable power , as for reliable , i'll let mine tell its own , 5,000 k np , rings , but ido flog it up and down the freeway at 110ks for 40 odd kms at a time , due for rings again actualy , i may go a new cam and rehone the bore , but thats it , i like them they look cool , i polished mine looks smick

sounds great snitchy and i like the look of em too. expecially since they have the daytona copy clutch cover :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back