Lifan 150cc with 140 Lifan CDI and stator plate (Full wiring)

Discussion in 'Chinese Mini's' started by Sasquatch, Jan 26, 2019.

Mini Dirt Bikes

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes:

1. Jan 26, 2019 #1

Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Sasquatch

I had a 140cc Lifan, which locked up, destroyed the crankshaft, cylinder and piston. I bought a used 150cc lifan, which didnt have a stator plate, magneto and carb. I used my 140cc carb, stator plate, magneto and whole wiring with CDI.
    Now the problem is as follows.
    When I try to start the pitbike, it only starts with choke on, no matter if its warm or not.
    Some fuel leaking from the bottom of the carburetor.
    When I start it with choke, and turn it on normal, I have to play with gas all the time or it will die, also when I try to drive, I put it in gear and it acts like it doesent get enough fuel, like boggs down and stuff.
    Also the throttle is on like really high, I started in 2nd gear as it is snowing outside and I still have regular tires which are completely bald and it started speeding like crazy, barely got to a stop without crashing.

What should I look out for? Maybe the injectors in carb are wrong size? CDI not compatible? I will take both carbs apart later and try to see if theres any major differences, and update the topic.

2. Feb 3, 2019 #2

Doc

Doc

Doc

Sounds like the pilot jet maybe blocked. Float level incorrect or worn/dirty needle and seat for overflow. Give the carb a clean out, check the needle/seat for wear and reset the float height.

3. Jul 10, 2019 #3

Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Master Spanner Spinner

You have to visually check to make sure the choke is on or off ... I've seen a lot of cases where ppl thought the choke was on when it was off ... The first thing you should always check are the valve clearances (.003" inlet - .004" exhaust) ... A non seating inlet valve sends cylinder pressure waves back to the carb causing a richer fuel/air ratio ...