Lifan 150cc with 140 Lifan CDI and stator plate (Full wiring)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I had a 140cc Lifan, which locked up, destroyed the crankshaft, cylinder and piston. I bought a used 150cc lifan, which didnt have a stator plate, magneto and carb. I used my 140cc carb, stator plate, magneto and whole wiring with CDI.
Now the problem is as follows.
When I try to start the pitbike, it only starts with choke on, no matter if its warm or not.
Some fuel leaking from the bottom of the carburetor.
When I start it with choke, and turn it on normal, I have to play with gas all the time or it will die, also when I try to drive, I put it in gear and it acts like it doesent get enough fuel, like boggs down and stuff.
Also the throttle is on like really high, I started in 2nd gear as it is snowing outside and I still have regular tires which are completely bald and it started speeding like crazy, barely got to a stop without crashing.

What should I look out for? Maybe the injectors in carb are wrong size? CDI not compatible? I will take both carbs apart later and try to see if theres any major differences, and update the topic.

Sounds like the pilot jet maybe blocked. Float level incorrect or worn/dirty needle and seat for overflow. Give the carb a clean out, check the needle/seat for wear and reset the float height.

You have to visually check to make sure the choke is on or off ... I've seen a lot of cases where ppl thought the choke was on when it was off ... The first thing you should always check are the valve clearances (.003" inlet - .004" exhaust) ... A non seating inlet valve sends cylinder pressure waves back to the carb causing a richer fuel/air ratio ...

Latest posts

Back