lifan? engine number

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie84

Reaction score
Hey all I'm working on a motor with engine number IP56FMV, in my mediocre knowledge I'm thinking it's a Lifan but want to be certain if anyone can help me out.
Also for the mods, the reason I'm posting this is mainly because the search function wasn't working which you might want to look at if anyone else is having trouble...?

Cheers in advance :D

I may be wrong with this one, but i'm pretty sure your motor is a Lifan 140cc with all-up gearing..

Yeah that's right, 140cc all-up. Pretty safe to say it's a Lifan then...Lifan with a big score up the cylinder from a missing c-clip allowing the gudgeon pin to find its way out the side of the piston. Awesome...
I'm thinking for the sake of $300 to just get a 150cc big bore kit, any reasons this would be a bad idea? Is there any reason why the head wouldn't be suitable or something?

Yeah that's right, 140cc all-up. Pretty safe to say it's a Lifan then...Lifan with a big score up the cylinder from a missing c-clip allowing the gudgeon pin to find its way out the side of the piston. Awesome...
I'm thinking for the sake of $300 to just get a 150cc big bore kit, any reasons this would be a bad idea? Is there any reason why the head wouldn't be suitable or something?

I dont have any experience with the 150cc big bore kits available for the 140 lifans... wouldnt mind having a crack at one though...
I cant really see any reason why they wouldnt work, as i think the kits on ebay come pretty much with every thing??
But yeah, why not go the extra step, and get the big bore kit, end up with extra performance, and fix the scored 140 bore problem in one hit...
The only thing i could think of that may cause an issue, is that the 140 head dome may be too small for the 150 piston.. but than can be bored/honed out anyways...

Yeah the head diameter was all I could think of...see how I go with some research.
Hard to find kits on ebay but there are shopfronts selling kits under $300, c/w cylinder, piston, rings, gudgeon pin, c-clips and gaskets. Might be a long-term project as I'm building a house :p but will post on here if it's successful.

It's not a Lifan 140 ... they have a 55 mm bore x 59 mm stroke , an 80 mm long iron cylinder and a 15 mm pin ... and their engine model # is 1P55FMJ ... It's probably a YX140 which is a Jialing 125 bottom end (57 mm stroke) with a 56 mm bore ... They usually have a 78 or 79 mm long alloy cylinder and a big valve head ... plus a 13 mm gudgeon pin ... In that case a BBK made for a Lifan 140 won't work ...

You can buy BBK's off this guy ...

NEW 150CC TB BIG BORE KIT FITS LIFAN 140CC, 15MM PIN - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Aug-09 15:19:19 AEST)

hey mine is a lifan 125 pretty sure it is. the numbers Ip54fmi just bought it does anyone know if im correct cheers..

It's not a Lifan 140 ... they have a 55 mm bore x 59 mm stroke , an 80 mm long iron cylinder and a 15 mm pin ... and their engine model # is 1P55FMJ ... It's probably a YX140 which is a Jialing 125 bottom end (57 mm stroke) with a 56 mm bore ...

QUOTE]

I was told the 1P56FMJ was the Lifan 140 with the updated kickstart gears and second gear? Basically the updated motor... ? Have i been told porkies?

Yeah the Lifan website doesn't list a 1P54FMI horizontal engine :

Lifan Group

So it makes you wonder if the black non start in gear engines with the chromed badges on the side (supposedly 54 mm bore x 54 mm stroke) ... are genuine or not ... I found this link which supposedly sells Lifan 1P54FMI engines ...

cheers cactus.
yeah there the same numbers all though mines n 4 up and theres is 1d 3 up dunno why but thanks again for the info:)

Hey I have a 2nd hand bike I just got and am struggling to find out the engine brand so I can get parts for it DJ152FMI if someone could help me that would be awesome thank you

Latest posts

Back