Lifan engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky

Reaction score
Hey im after a Lifan oil cooled engine for my agb-29, can anyone help me out

im planing on getting the bigbore kit after i get the engine aswell, should be a ripper

Why didn't you just buy a bike with a Lifan to start with lol duhhh, so you pretty much paid $850~ for a crappy steel frame and generic suspension lol. But back to your question Ebay has them

I bought a agb-29 because i wanted the bigger frame, You have a problem with that? Why didnt you buy a real z50 instead of a shitty chinese one?

I bought a agb-29 because i wanted the bigger frame, You have a problem with that? Why didnt you buy a real z50 instead of a shitty chinese one?

Because the chance of finding one complianced that is roadworthy in Australia for a reasonable price is about impossible, you are the stupid one buying a crap AGB just to replace the motor, you paid $900 for a piece of crap that is made from recycled steel.

come on guys, just relax a little, no need for this to turn into a shit fight. you both purchased your bikes for different reasons which is fine. there is no need to bag one another over something like this, your both good blokes :) just take it easy.

just to let you know, all these engines are oil cooled wether they have a oil cooler or not... the air is serving the same purpose when it is hitting the head of the engine... correct?

just to let you know, all these engines are oil cooled wether they have a oil cooler or not... the air is serving the same purpose when it is hitting the head of the engine... correct?

Wrong, oil cooled is actually the wrong terminology to use for a engine with an oil cooler. They are still air cooled as are engines with no oil cooler except the oil is cooled down via a radiator style cooler which i still don't quite understand why they call them oil cooled as it is not the oil cooling the motor, i would imagine the oil still being hot after passing through an oil cooler.

Mjc85, My money my choice, I'm happy with my purchase, Im not after brand name like you, your obviously one of thoughs people who need to be a smartass, If you have nothing good to say please dont post in my threads, kthxbye

You should've listened to the advice people gave you in the thread where you asked what bike to buy as you made a big mistake. kthxbye

they call it a oil cooled bike due to the same reason the call a water cooled bike water cooled even though its the same air that is cooling the liquad

by the way dhz on ebay occasionally sells the 138cc (127) and i think ive seen dirtbikesonline also having them for sale from memory the go for around 300-400 bucks but might have gone up due to their popularity

The oil cooled version of a lifan 120 has the mounts for the cooler lines on the bottom of the cases. The air cooled versions, Yea all of them do not have the passages tapped.
We have them in the U.S. now they are trying to sell them as 138cc but they are just 127cc, 54x55.5 stroke lifans, about 300 usd.

Just wondering why you want ot put a lifan in your bike, For a lot less you can make the std engine go a lot better and fit a oil cooler.

its my understanding that the lifans are better? have we all been mis-informed from day one about what the best engine is for our mini's at an affordable price? almost all engines have the capability to fit an oil cooler do they not?

What makes them better, the big bore kits fit both lifan and ducar. The oil coolers fit both. you can get what ever carby you want on either, they are the same cc and number of gears. my ducar goes good. Someone has done a good job at marketing the lifans.

Wrong, oil cooled is actually the wrong terminology to use for a engine with an oil cooler. They are still air cooled as are engines with no oil cooler except the oil is cooled down via a radiator style cooler which i still don't quite understand why they call them oil cooled as it is not the oil cooling the motor, i would imagine the oil still being hot after passing through an oil cooler.

well its definetly not there to heat the oil up is it??:rolleyes:

i must say that some of the oil cooling radiators so to speak would not do alot for extra cooling. bit of show stuff.

as long as the OIL COOLER is mounted in a place were it recieves airflow eqaul or more to the amount of oil been pumped ..then its doing its job as its only like 100ml's of space to fill

the purpose of it is to act as a reducer of heat not to disipate it all together

these new GAYGB29's with these 138's in em have the cooler fitted under the frame next to ur leg=no flow and absolute retarded use of an oilcooler

In answer to your original question DHZ Motorspot sell oil cooled 140cc engins thru ebay starting at $300-. Thats where I would spend my money and add an IRK for a bit more punch. Good on you for being a bit different and doing up a AGB.

Latest posts

Back