LJasonH's DHZ Outlaw 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJasonH

Reaction score
This isn't a very full on build, just some customising here and there to suit my liking. ;)

Current mod list:
D.I.D chain
Pro taper fat bars (& bar clamp to suit)
Pro taper grips
Takegawa coil and splifire lead
Dress up kit
ASV copies
Uni filter

Started its life as a stock Outlaw lost in Startrack's shipping warehouse.
DHZ-05.jpg

And this is it now (excuse the high quality stand). I've mostly been tweaking it and hacking at the seat to get it at the shape I feel comfortable with. Hopefully when I get some more extra cash (that isn't going for damn bills) I'll get a nice custom kit to almost finish it off!

A big thanks to my67xr and zwebx for all the support with tweaking it up.

That's all for now. More to come (with more pics :p )
~ Jay.

Last edited:
looks good mate!
did you fit the alloy cover to the front sprocket yourself ?
a few here have had problems with bolts not lining up.

the side plastic, you might be able to get it back into shape buy filling your laundry sink with boiling hot water and let it sit in there for a minute or so to become flexible, put it on a towel and press it back into shape, use the flat palm of your hand if you can, fingers might stretch the plastic a little.
once you have it back close run it under some cold water

I reckon you would be able to make that panel straight again with a little love from a hair dryer and on something flat.. Only a little don't melt it lol.. those D.I.D chains or R.K chains are a must have as the standard ones are good for a couple rides but thats it..
did you run it with the std coil and leads did it make much difference?
Thats a mod i was considering at one point..

looks good mate!
did you fit the alloy cover to the front sprocket yourself ?
a few here have had problems with bolts not lining up.

the side plastic, you might be able to get it back into shape buy filling your laundry sink with boiling hot water and let it sit in there for a minute or so to become flexible, put it on a towel and press it back into shape, use the flat palm of your hand if you can, fingers might stretch the plastic a little.
once you have it back close run it under some cold water

It went on perfectly first time around - everything lined up as it should.

I reckon you would be able to make that panel straight again with a little love from a hair dryer and on something flat.. Only a little don't melt it lol.. those D.I.D chains or R.K chains are a must have as the standard ones are good for a couple rides but thats it..
did you run it with the std coil and leads did it make much difference?
Thats a mod i was considering at one point..

I ran it with standard yesterday, and will be running it with the modded coil and lead once I get home. It sparks a lot better (from looking and hearing anyway).

I'll give straightening it a go and hopefully it will turn out nice so I have both options (to change or not).
Thanks a bunch to both of you for helping out with the process of running in a pitty (pitbike virgin no more).

EDIT: The takey coil and splifire lead makes starting a whole lot easier.

~ Jay.

Last edited:
shes looking pretty schmik!!! any ideas for a sticker kit? *coughs* sinister50s OR Miniriders.com?
kinda wished my lxr/cxf wasnt in bits

I'm leaning towards a Magik kit (maybe with Miniriders's logos if I'm allowed).
Sinister 50s new seat covers look pretty mint though.

Last edited:
Not very related to the bike, but waiting for my driving lesson I felt like making a stand; so here it is! Just made from odd bits that I had laying around (as you can see by the 'matching' bolts). Props to $heepy for the plans.
6WXG55P.png

(could any moderators/admins fix the tmp upload issue please)

Last edited:
did you fix the TMP issue ?
i saw that your were looking at the DIY stand thread the other night

i only saw the thread about a year after i made mine, lol

Last edited:
did you fix the TMP issue ?
i saw that your were looking at the DIY stand thread the other night

i only saw the thread about a year after i made mine, lol
The thread helped a bit with the overall size, but I modified it a little too much. :p

Not very related to the bike, but waiting for my driving lesson I felt like making a stand; so here it is! Just made from odd bits that I had laying around (as you can see by the 'matching' bolts). Props to $heepy for the plans.
stand.png

Top effort bud, looks sweet! :thumbup:

I didn't even know that thread existed? Think I'll have to give it a crack when I get some time.

Got out and did an hour today. Found a little muddy berm too.
Also need some heat wrap - starting to melt my boots. :(
ZK1yGhx.png

Last edited:
stand.png

Holy crap dude not bad for a throw together.
These are a good quality bike for the money, a bit of love and care and she last you a long time. Nice mate.

Holy crap dude not bad for a throw together.
These are a good quality bike for the money, a bit of love and care and she last you a long time. Nice mate.
Thank you!
A little bit left to do so that she runs nicely for a long time.

Just a washing pic from a ride this afternoon with my cousin. Both bikes are running sweet now and are so much fun!
Now looking for some 42mm silicone/rubber hose to make some air filter extenders and washing covers.
0No5j3g.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!
A little bit left to do so that she runs nicely for a long time.

Just a washing pic from a ride this afternoon with my cousin. Both bikes are running sweet now and are so much fun!
Now looking for some 42mm silicone/rubber hose to make some air filter extenders and washing covers.

hmmmm you said you wanted a mud flap made up? i can have a squizz, if you can give me a detailed schematic, im sure i can work something out ;)
By the way thats a maaaad shot of the rigs!!

DHZ is gone to a new home. On to bigger and ...beta... things. Maybe a 300rr, but who knows :applaudit:

Latest posts

Back