Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ thanks man!!!
ok a little update....
IMG_20140701_075545_zpsfj8rvozd.jpg

How she sits at the moment....
IMG_20140701_075650_zpsebfj1k42.jpg

Paint Stripper.. not to keen on it swinging its legs around any chrome poles... maybe a frame?? ;) :p
IMG_20140701_222236_zpsyrktdo1o.jpg
35 bucks worth of paint, hope its good paint
IMG_20140701_222254_zpskvohp3t2.jpg
IMG_20140701_222304_zpsyfghm1bn.jpg
Had to go to work and pick up my 1/2 socket set...

so what parts are you painting with the Hammertone Finish ?

images

RT-closeup3.jpg

think you've lost me there...
so bare metal, etch primer, gunmetal dimpled/hammertone effect, then the Blue ?

yeah i'm not that keen on it, but it doesn't look too bad on Industrial machinery, and some trailers etc

why are you using it as a basecoat too ?
the blue will happily stick to the etch primer

and you need to watch out what paints you use to paint over others too.
mixing different types and brands can undo a lot of hard work, with fry ups/blistering etc
enamel over acrylic, epoxy over enamel, etc etc

DSC_0862.JPG

yeah should be ok, just double check the drying times etc

but i still dont understand why you are painting it charcoal grey, then blue over the top though?

I think you may want an underlying hammertone finish, but nothing to prominent, so your using it as a basecoat ? I'm no expert when it comes to paint though...

yeah should be ok, just double check the drying times etc

but i still dont understand why you are painting it charcoal grey, then blue over the top though?

Hey.... I noticed you didn't comment on the super roo on the socket set ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well on inspection of the engine mount brackets i found that it was cracked... it was worse but i tapped it back into place....
IMG_20140702_202147_zpsbwlupa03.jpg
IMG_20140702_202152_zps9kvaci8e.jpg
I grinded the paint off so i can get a better weld and so you guys can see it....

also prepared the frame for stripping and painting i did scuff it up a bit with some 100grit that i had laying around... also stuffed the holes with some paper...
IMG_20140702_195736_zpsirnhju64.jpg

took it into work and it was cleaned up.... ie:filled in the hole and grinded that down, then drilled and marked out the 8mm hole, looks better than it did...
IMG_20140703_190807_zpsjaypnarr.jpg

well.. got the painting under way.... the subframe is done... and the engine mounts are done too... so what about the frame? well its a much larger surface, and it takes more time for me to strip it, its about 1/8th stripped soo thats a tomorrow job! but the pictures will be here in time....
ohh and a set of rims are on their way down.... :D

Latest posts

Back