Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks man! means alot to me!
well guess what? ive ran over all the spokes and well... 2 spokes on each rim were finger tight or not even... well looks like its time to take them into the local dealer..... -_- i hope they arent too badly out of whack... plus ive gotta have a squizz at the bikes :p

the frame certainly looks different !
i wouldn't go the high temp over it, it could fry up ?

do you have a spoke tool?
just tighten up the loose ones so they are a close tension to the rest of the spokes.
now do up all of the spokes 1/4 turn more, then clamp the axle into a vise and give the wheel a spin
you will see if it has a slight buckle.
you can clamp an ice cream stick or something to your bench and have it sit near the rims' outer edge.
spin it again and check out how true it runs

no i dont have a spoke tool.... i guess ive gotta run down to the dealer now anyway... lol
hmm.... should i worry about putting a clear coat on it?

so are you going for the carbon fibre look finish?

yeah probably best off doing it, it will deepen the colours.
first give it a couple of light coats of clear, let it dry at least 15 mins between coats
then finish coat it with a wet coat.
the clear also help's seal the paint, and helps to stop the metallic from fading.
but you'll need to use the same brand/type of clear if you can

i dont know why they have acrylic in the title for that paint ?
acrylic will fry up over enamel, it looks like the same type of paint as your colour etc, so should be fine

a light coat will give the paint about a 40% coverage of what you are spraying
so you slowly build up the thickness of paint.
a wet coat is a full wet glossy coat, so it doesn't leave any dry edges/overspray anywhere

nah been knakered as i had went out partying on thurs... got smashed then stayed up all friday and got to sleep at about 12... so need to pull my socks up tommoz! grab some clear and blast it....fingers crossed!

slacker :lol: ,
i'll have the PY80 all painted and the engine cleaned up and assembled before your engine-less bike is even back together again.
nah, i did the same when i was your age

Nice sounds like you had a pretty wild night nearly every time I'm up your neck of the woods (Shepparton) I've always ended up drunkand partying hard coz the only time I'm there is once a year for spring nats Always a big day and night and end up not feeling to good for afew days after lol

Haha F#@k yeah take are 2 cini's there wonder if they would let us enter them in the burnout Comp lol was thinking about putting my vh in this year but don't think my vs v6 Ute would make it there and back hauling my vh on the trailer I reckon by the trip back the Ute would end up on the trailer with the vh pulling it lol

well... here are the results....
IMG_20140707_181252_zpswej2b8pu.jpg

^engine mount... ive done the opposing colours as i thought it would look better...
IMG_20140709_171613_zpseyje1mep.jpg
^bit blurry .... lol
IMG_20140709_171620_zpssdb9qiup.jpg
I'd call it a gradient carbon fibre effect...
IMG_20140709_171635_zps5vbpqrzk.jpg
Bloody fingers!! :p
IMG_20140709_171658_zpsuunefbkc.jpg

ive got some high temp clear laying around... i wonder if i should use it...?
cheers loco

What happened there??? Looks like a LOT of bleeding mate....kinda Zebra-ish....maybe have another go.

Thats what he was going for stu. He wanted to be different. And i like it. Looks sweet
Although Should have gone with the square mat stuff. Would have come out more carbon fiber like.
But still looks awesome

well.... looks awesome from my point of view! yes i could of got a pro to do it, but i wanted something more than that, I wanted something to show my skills as a MINI RIDER! thats right or left? :p well each to their own right?
:D
hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do!
Here's the frame!
IMG_20140713_211658_zpsrmhven0b.jpg

IMG_20140713_211711_zpsehtcazrv.jpg

IMG_20140713_211722_zps4piakiza.jpg

IMG_20140713_211734_zpsrzzenkox.jpg

\/ Sub Frame
IMG_20140713_211643_zpsi0pnj6d8.jpg

you could say its smoking hot? :p \/
IMG_20140713_212722_zpsclllvyx6.jpg

IMG_20140713_213357_zpsvmeatny8.jpg