Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deal it is Nick my man! i wont let you down big man! :) thanks man this is the "encouragement" that ive been chasing :p ive been practising of somewhat on the 50 lately, yeah i reckon a spot under MR tent would be umm pretty good, in fact id love it ;) make my day it would!!
yeah pretty much Georgalis, soo many "Teenager hours" (man hours) meant to be a pun.... :p
ill give that a go Craig, ill have a squiz at the plug too, just to get an idea,
keen as now!!! hahaha
well if all goes to plan, the MR team can crash at mine? and use my shed if need be! :)
Nick your a kind soul! all of ya are, thats why i hang around i guess.. :p ;)

It's called tough love mate. haha

If you beat me your out of the tent though. hahahaha just kidding that won't be hard.

Appreciate the offer for somewhere to crash mate. Might take you up on that offer actually.

Will sort it out closer to the date.

PM me about the jets and will see what I can do for you

Last edited:
ahhhh, its great to hear a crisp 4v motor purring, ohh did i mention that my nugget finally runs? holy moly, it sounds crisp! hmmm but the sad bit is, i gotta do my valve clearances.... ehhh.. so theyve closed up, alot... not just a couple thou off, theyre pretty tight, this is going to sound rather noobish of me, but how does one open them back up? im assuming i should be running 4 and 6 on the clearances, but how do i open them back up to the correct spec? should i pull the rocker guides and rockers and put how ever much "clearence" / shim size to get it to the correct spec and reinstall everything and away i go? lol cheers damo

I'm pretty sure they would just be like adjusting standard pit bike rocker's, but under each rocker cover there'll be 2 adjuster's on the top on 2 on the bottom, similar to what the Daytona 4v's run, but your's un underneath rocker cover's ?
Remove each rocker cover, undo the lock nut, turn the adjuster out to loosen, slide the feeler gauge in and adjust it to suit, then do the other one
Then onto the exhaust clearances, same as above

Daytona 4v

64688.jpg

attachment.php

Edit, maybe not

basculeur_4S_YX.jpg

https://www.ooracing.com/store/shims-for-yx-4-valve-engines-1-60mm-in-05-up-to-2-20mm.html
Valve clearance shim x1 (for 4-valve cylinder head) Head / valves - Engine part - 3292 - Pit Bike Parts and Dirt Bike, UPOWER dirt bike, dirt bike PZF, JOKER dirt bike, dirt bike APOLLO,

metal-disk-123465123462357.jpg

pastille_soupape.jpg

Last edited:
ohh how i wish i knew the specs of the first rocker you posted my6xr!! i could bolt those in and be done, but sadly cant find much info on that set, we've got some 7.5mm OD shims at work ill measure my clearances and get set of shims on the loose side, in the meantime, time to address that pesky muffler that has litterly no effect on dampening the note of the motor, soooooo, i may have a special shiny muffler laying around that belongs to a certain someone's old 201 braaap ;) gotta add my little touch tho!!

So, ive been away a bit, but i have had a few "misshaps" lol i've finished up with school and i have been working a fair bit, and to top it off ive been given an apprenticeship at the local Honda dealership, so thats a plus, but i've been busy and parts went missing.... *looks at Snaptrax* :p
hahah nah im just messing around, nah he wanted the whole front end off my bike, so that he got! lol
i also got a braaap/ycf front brake setup off him, so i guess i can forgive poor snaptrax :p

15178656-2FB5-410F-8CF3-E2B99B7E08AB_zps9809wtsg.jpg

Ive also worked out why my bike runs like a dog, my bad, it may or may have not been the wrong main jet, but shhhhh dont tell anyone :listen:
lol
so ive also got another project sitting in my shed too :LolLolLolLol:

72F4D944-541D-4007-A65B-438FBE855F67_zpskznfclqe.jpg

Secrets hahaha lol, I'm the one rebuilding it! I reckon you'll love its power plant!
It'd want to have some big cc's Damo ! I want to see a 190cc or 184cc at the least !
And what head will it be running, one with a bit of work maybe ?

Pic's or Ban i think !

I'll leave you guys with this
4EF7440B-485A-4724-841B-A7C9CDA2B49F_zpsgxo1n92d.jpg

35AE5F6D-9288-4A57-825F-A49005EF858D_zpsb18fuydu.jpg

201 is off the agenda, lol
Too much work and we're on a budget kinda... Lol
She'll be right
I reckon I should do I build thread! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, your building the engine for him, i get it. Dont bugger it up

Nah don't worry phil, I've already gone through it and specced up the bottom end and fitted TB clutch springs ect ect

I had a part of building the bottom end stu, and yeah Craig that's it, you can see the post on Facebook with all the crap that's in it, it'll be a tough thing!
Got some mean damage on the top end, was 100% either going to heat seize or shoot the valve into the piston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok a little update! forks are in and..... damn they're nice forks.... i swapped out that icky fluid out and put some fresh 7wt in... 230ml or 240ml i put in cant remember exactly, but i had a play with the clickers and bled them after a quick squirt over a few bumbs at starglen, when i first got them i noticed they were really touch and go such as a binding feeling.... at a 1/4 down in the stroke.... got some green scotch pad and rubbed it down and made a huge difference!!! the front brake rotor is also clicking and clacking on the caliper itself, but not the point of where its grabbing, i also noticed that when i installed the forks the actual fork feet, were machined incorrectly.... making my front wheel kick over to the left.... i sorted that one out hahaha grinders make things so much easier! lol... now the tuning.... :/ the muffler i have on it, i believe that its about empty of packing.... so no back pressure what so ever.... and its making it run lean a fair amount too, its got a 40 pilot and a 122 main, second from the bottom clip and 2 and half turns out... still running lean but has a flatspot but snuffs out if i drop the idle screw!.... im confuzzled!! haha
cheers!

Last edited:
Repack the muffler, new stuff is under $15

I reckon the bike is running partly on the main jet that's why it's too rich

Once the muffler is done, fit a 42 or 45 Pilot, needle on the middle clip and try a 115 main and see how it goes
The 115 might still be a bit big, my Daytona just sputter's with a 115 main in it, i run a 110 and 45 pilot

ahhh cheers man, yeah just had play then, yeah... i could repack it... but im supposed to be putting a ycf crd one on..... gotta do a fair amount of fabbing to get it nice....
anyway
got the 118 in it and the 40... middle clip like you said... 2 turns out... idles abit better... has crack and pop here and there, mostly the pipe imo? 2nd gear power wheelies now haha decel is muuuuch better but has a bog off the pilot still, but not as bad.. cheers!

You need a bigger pilot like i mentioned in the post above your's.
Don't you have any smaller main jet's ?

Latest posts

Back