Locos TTR50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm should i get an 88 kit or a takegawa se head, but the head is suited to a 104, and id have to run a 20mm carb, = more cash,
lol its very underpowered, i want more! lol
its odd how the 50 pulls away from a 88 crf... but all the power is in high revs, nothing down low, considering the hyper camshaft, the interference fit rocker guides are a pain lol
hmm anyone got some cheap suggestions
i was even thinking about getting an old bore and resleeve it with what would make it a 88, thats 48mm bore, hmm..

Does it have the stock jetting still a #12.5 pilot ?
Might need to find a #10
Those TTR50 13mm carbys are so small !!
What carb is Shearer running ?

Does it have the stock jetting still a #12.5 pilot ?
Might need to find a #10
Those TTR50 13mm carbys are so small !!
What carb is Shearer running ?

i believe he said he was running a 19mm? china? so a mikuni copy maybe?
yeah i think it has a 10 in it, i got given the 12.5 so my bet is that its got one

hmm i wonder how a bbr d2 pipe would go on it... might look into it later down the track, but i need some idea of what ive got instore for this thing, it wheelies in second with a really good pull on the bars whilst giving it gas,
i think it might need more mm's ahah just needs to breathe abit better,

The bbr header pipe will be too big for a stock engine , if your staying stock look at the fast 50s pipe that has the smaller header , drd are pretty good aswell on the 50cc , and fmf make a smaller pipe aswell

I run a tb parts replica crf50 carb on my ttr 50. works so much better then stock yami carb. i run stock air box on it aswell. as pod filters hit on top motor mount. easyer to just run stock air box on it.
Link to carb i run (below)
Classic Honda 50's Australia

the ttr50 only run 36mm piston. honda has 39mm piston.
not shore watt the stroke is of each motor!. know yamaha got longer stroke.
honda motor being shorter stroke they rev bit harder.
yamaha motor more grunter motor! dosen't die in turns when side it!

As far as lap times on track they about the same!

Watt gearing do you run on your ttr50 xlocox ?
Gear bike down abit make her rev harder off mark!

Latest posts

Back