Locos TTR50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lol its been a long time coming to make my way over to the jap threads...even tho the TTR's are china's with high quality control! :p
so well its abit low on comp..... ie: blows smoke.... and when i put it under load it dies
also it needs a tank and the plastics to go with it..
so what does little loco have in store for it well.... needs a top end rebuild... needs the tank and plastics and a rear shock... maybe +1 inch fork legs and a big bar kit... then i'd say thats about it! Stocka? :p

4539712E-3AA7-464F-9B25-CA97AE2E5B40_zps3ztfrfzx.jpg

60426F08-A518-4A1E-AE7A-2A9CC40E7C3F_zpspoy2w4kr.jpg

AA8E24C5-8D0B-4658-9187-63126451B0D8_zpse2gibws0.jpg

B7BA8F57-526A-4F27-B4F9-6795A35242DB_zpspajbxcvr.jpg

this is the shock with me pressing on it (not my full weight)
0FBEFA92-530F-40C1-9398-3C1A094223EC_zpsrjo75waa.jpg

can anyone find me a set of rings and a piston.... maybe valve seals.... oem is not cheap!

That's a nice little project!
$50 US plus post for a standard Piston and rings
2008 TTR50E - TTR50EX Yamaha Motorcycle CRANKSHAFT PISTON Diagram and Parts
the under load dying would be dirty carby/jets etc
don't forget the GYTR kickstart conversion like Shearer did too

p.s. did that 160 case and rockers arrive yesterday ? i sent it express/guaranteed next day delivery on thursday arvo 3.00 pm

Yeah its actually in pretty reasonable nick.. just needs a tickle and sparkle here and there :)
yeah the 160 case arrived! everything's coming together, getting put together tomorrow! lol
really gotta get an impact driver (rattle gun)
cheers my67xr!

Last edited:
Yeah man! I can't wait to getting it running right! I'm about to call up the local Yamaha dealer to see how much I can get the piston and rings for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man! I can't wait to getting it running right! I'm about to call up the local Yamaha dealer to see how much I can get the piston and rings for...

Best ordering online. Local shops rip you off massively

Lol! Yeah I'm going to tell them how much it's going cost me from online, try see if they can match it or chuck freebies in! :p

Hahaha lol, only just under 200 from the dealer, I asked if they could come down on the price, talk about stingy! Looks like online!

Your dreaming if you thought that was ever going to happen loco. hahahaha

lol! hahahah well it didnt hurt to ask! i just told them how it is, Ie: "sorry thats too much im going to have to buy online as I'm on a budget" lol probably thought i was a piece of work, but at the end of the day they turned me down several times for work experience, even tho i worked with the previous owner and got offered a school based apprenticeship for working there one week, but yet the new bloke wont let me have a good go, not bragging :p hahahaha

I wouldn't trust them with saying they could do it cheaper lol.
$80 fork seal turned into $280 and linkage bearing could of brought a whole pro circuit system.

I found out that can only buy genuine pistons and rings for ttr50. Rang around few place's and they all say the same thing! can buy piston n rings for pw50 two storke 50, or ttr90 and ttr110 just no ttr50. :( So have to buy yamaha parts, just makes it more $$$

AS SOON AS I FOUND A LEAD ON A TANK... ZILCH im sorry but there is nothing left of it....
pain in the neck!! it was in pakenham too! lol!
im going to call as many wreckers as i can around the state!! :p

Keep us posted! Chuck a list of parts you want we can all have a look around keep and eye out! Hope you get a lead on one!

Cheers man!! thanks for that!
i called up laverton, (Altona north) nup nothing....
thanks for the offer but i cant ask that from the community! i'll try get something sorted in the new year!
but at the moment ive gotta finish the "Locoworx" ;)

Latest posts

Back