loncin engine problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWLYF

Reaction score
hey guys

my bike is missing real bad, kinda stalling at about 1/2 to 3/4 rpm. if i stay into it it picks back up after 1 or 2 seconds and the nevs out ok. its making ok power still just doing the stalling thing.
its a loncin 125 air cooled
i have replaced the spark plug, filter,carby adapter and gasket and have cleaned carby out twice and blew out jets with a compressor, new fuel and fuel filter which seemed to work but i went on a long ride the other day and it started again.
im thinking carby prob still but its got me stumped.
iv worked on heaps of 2stroke motors but not really 4 stroke motorbike motors, am i missing something that you could suggest?

have a look at the guides in my sig, valve clearances are important

Idea

my bike was doin similar thing and found out it was skipping spark somewhere so i made up a new wiring lume and it was all good again let me know how you go if you try this

hey guys

sorry i no this might sound stupid but what is your sig?

do i need to change the cdi unit when i re wire the bike or just use the old stuff?

I just put a new carby on it and it seemed to run a bit smoother but it didnt fix the problem. thanks guys

i found the link about adjusting your valves, vary helpful vid! thanks

hey guys

my bike is missing real bad, kinda stalling at about 1/2 to 3/4 rpm. if i stay into it it picks back up after 1 or 2 seconds and the nevs out ok. its making ok power still just doing the stalling thing.
its a loncin 125 air cooled
i have replaced the spark plug, filter,carby adapter and gasket and have cleaned carby out twice and blew out jets with a compressor, new fuel and fuel filter which seemed to work but i went on a long ride the other day and it started again.
im thinking carby prob still but its got me stumped.
iv worked on heaps of 2stroke motors but not really 4 stroke motorbike motors, am i missing something that you could suggest?
could possibly be your coil pack, mine did the same thing.

Probably sorted it 4 years ago!
Edit: damn, xr beat me to it

liljohn beat me by 1 min too, but his wording was a bit off.

hey guys

sorry i no this might sound stupid but what is your sig?

do i need to change the cdi unit when i re wire the bike or just use the old stuff?

I just put a new carby on it and it seemed to run a bit smoother but it didnt fix the problem. thanks guys
Any idea where I can get a new rotor / flywheel for a Loncin ATV no. LC 152 FMH engine please? I’ve tried the internet but it’s it doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere. The spark energiser magnet on the outer rim seems to have lost it’s magnetic power (Zero magnetism).
Thanks,
Nick.

Latest posts

Back