Long time no post !!! Z50 build with pictures

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickv1980

The Bling Kings!!!
Reaction score
Hi people i haven't been around in quite a while as i haven't been on the minibike scene at all for quite some time i sold them all off and brought a Harley ..... But ive returned with a build not all has been lost guys !!

I recently got a 1998 Z50r given to me for nothing and she was a little rough and was only ever used as a golfing rig but its slowly getting there .

So far its had a paint job , new tag bars , TB air filter , Fast 50s seat skin , grips , snow hog tyres , pegs and a few other bits and bobs .

I have a set of new rear shocks coming with a engine dress up kit and soon a 88cc TB jug , new carb and a few other go fast bits .. Im wanting to keep it all Jap and im not going to radical on it ... so far it probably owes me $600

Before :

After :

Very nice :) i love the chunky ass donut tyres on these things. Remember riding one when i was 11 or 12, thought it was the bomb.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Yeah me too bro im actually building this for my 4 years old boy he loves it

Hell yeah!
I knew you couldn't resist a new build thread! :LolLolLolLol:

That's awesome Nick your boy is going to love thing!

That's a very cool little bike :) love the z50r 's

Here it is with a custom built exhaust pipe ready to run the 88cc kit now .

Exhaust was designed and built by yours truly.. its a hybrid pipe setup consisting of a chopped and shortened z50j stainless baffle opened up chambers and new rear larger exit pipe , a crf 50 header pipe slightly re-bent and shortened .

I put alot of time and thought into the angles and lengths of everything its a very tight fit but it sits nicely behind the plastics with out it pushing the side panel off the locating pin and also managed to get the stock heat shield to work considering its for a young kid i dont want him burning his leg , the exit pipe fits very snugly between the rear shock and frame without touching on anything .

Sounds nice not too loud and its a better breathing setup for the big bore kit .

Too nice for a kid to ride, get him a crf and keep this one for yourself! The pipe looks great

Looking Forward to seeing some pictures of z50 out on track :)

Latest posts

Back