Lost my job

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil67

Reaction score
Lost my job yesterday, kind of a good thing as the place was becoming toxic. I've been in the manufacturing game for over 25 years now all over the world, i want to try something different. What do you guys do and more importantly do you enjoy it?

that's not too good !

what is the thing you love doing most ?
if it is bike related then go visit some bike shops and start talking, performance bike shops, custom bikes, home built custom pitbike engines.....

Craig, don't think a bike shop could afford to pay me what I need.

im still trying to get a job, had a couple but they never really work out that great so i end up looking for another one shortly after
sucks not knowing many people to the area ive moved to, everyone knows each other.

done motorcylce shop, car mechanic, pool installations, lawn mowing.
have no car now so im kinda not in a good situation. would love to be working on rotaries but they are all Melbourne shops unforntally

Thats not good mate! im currently in the manufacturing field atm, its not bad but i get bored doing the same thing over and over! by the end of the week im over it! but it pays well so thats the only reason im in that field... an engine mechanic lacky was pretty cool, got to ride minis!! and some big bikes! and get a staff discount ;)
have you looked into harley shops? they've got plenty of money those blokes!! Have you thought of doing a course at tafe? at the moment im doing cert 2 in engineering, the other class has a bloke probably abit older than yourself, early 50s i think he said, fitters out in the mines get some big money... 150+ well thats what i was told....
is there any field in particular your looking into?
cheers Loco

I'm a mechanic by trade and have certificates in manufacturing management already. I was in the CD/DVD industry for 20 years and saw that grow and went through it all from CD through to Blu Ray, loved it. I have now been in the food packaging industry for just over 3 years, wouldn't mind getting into pharmaceutical.

was a apprentice bike mechanic for a while, ditched that because of the money (even when qualified still pretty poor)..
Now am labouring/T.A at the moment pay sucks but its there and keeping me from the doll office (never been)

Looking for a decent corporation or anything with decent pay and i will have a crack :p I should study management or something like that..

Im a carpenter training to be a site supervisor/builder,
Waterproofing can pay well and anyone is capable. Small bit of training and youd be qualified to do waterproofing.
Or painting.. theres always painting.

Last edited:
Sucks to hear Phil. Think it's going to get worse and worse for manufacturing in VIC over the coming years.

Might be time for that career change.

Professional Track Groomer at Franga would be sweet!! haha ;)

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, manufacturing is getting pretty bad. Dirt works already has that gig, haha.

Latest posts

Back