Low engine compression and overfilling carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akonz

Reaction score
I bought my Orion 125cc thumpstar off my friend and it worked fine. I poped a tyre and i got that fixed and it was good. Recently ive been doing dirt jumps and had 1 or 2 crashes but no badly. I noticed my carby overflow line was pissing petrol when i opened the fuel line, but if i started it in time it didnt leak, so i left it like that. Lately i could feel that when i kicked the kickstarter it felt like it was sliding threw to easly. So i removed the spark plug and did a compression test, it came to 30.

I was woundering what could be the problem with my engine before i open it up, so i wanted to know what could be rong so i can check it before i open the engine up. And how i can fix the carby from leaking fuel. Can some one please tell me what could be rong so i can check it all out.

Thanks heaps,
Jase

your compression problem could be rings, valves or valve clearences
how long is the motor? if its done a lot of hours the valves could be worn and have no valve clearence.
then again if its a old motor it probley needs rings anyway

and soulds like the carby float level is outa wack or one of the floats has a hole in it

I have the same problem with my 140cc (Cummings engine)Pit Pro Racing minibike, I only purchased it about 2 weeks ago, it was all fine and dandy with loads of compression, and I mean this thing had more compression and kick back then some of the bigger bikes I have previously ridden, but after an oil change and a carby clean it started once run for a about 2 minutes then died, now there's a substantial amount of compression gone, it was leaking fuel from the overflow and once taking the pod filter of I noticed alot of blow back coming from the engine as fuel kept hitting my legs when trying to kick it over, I have good spark,clean fuel and there in no obstructions that I could see that affect air flow, what am i missing, how do i get back that compression and how on earth do I get my bike running again, please some body help I'd hate to have to put this in the shed and call it a loss coz I couldn't figure out the problem and my two sons would never forgive me "cheers"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back