Low_rb's Boy's LXR Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low_rb

Reaction score
Thought i would start this now as we will be buying parts for it starting this week.
Not going mental with it just a Strip, good clean and some new bits to make it his.

Im giving him full control on what we do to it in the visual department and its going to be a red/black theme and hope it energizes him to ride it.

Will be a somewhat slow build but i hope to have all the parts in the next few weeks

So Far.
Replaced swing arm and linkage bearings
New cam chain
New chain slides
Modded CCT to MCCT
New oil and brake fluids
Relocated CDI Under the seat

To Come
New plastics and graphics
New levers
Chain slider and rollers
New Lower chain guide
New grips
New Wheels - I may just de-anno the current rims and paint them for now
New rear pads
New Kill Switch

also going to try and rig a side stand to it
possibly swap the head for a stock one because of the cam being to wild for the size of my block
and a new exhaust if i cant refine my baffle to shut it up a bit more

As it Sits Now.

Last edited:
No worries mate, just thought id offer. I also have a taki s20 cam here which is pretty mild (my 12 year old rides it) if you wanted to swap cams... he is looking for more power out ofhis taki superheaded 184..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

No worries mate, just thought id offer. I also have a taki s20 cam here which is pretty mild (my 12 year old rides it) if you wanted to swap cams... he is looking for more power out ofhis taki superheaded 184..

I emailed TB about the head and was told i can't change the cam as its the V2 with roller rockers?

Well i have a v2 with a taki s35 cam in it, and my boys taki superhead (which tb copied to make the v2) has the s20. Both heads have roller rockers, and as i said i have the takegawa s35 in my v2 and its fine.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I emailed TB about the head and was told i can't change the cam as its the V2 with roller rockers?

They probably meant you can't put a stock YX/ZS cam in it because it won't work properly with the roller rocker's

They probably meant you can't put a stock YX/ZS cam in it because it won't work properly with the roller rocker's

Now you say that pretty sure your right, i deleted the email by mistake.

Got some bits in the mail today.

Well i finaly got around to doing something with this.
The final plan for it changed and it just ended up being a good clean up and reassemble with the new bits i have.

Latest posts

Back