M2R 125cc Clutch problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stavaros

Reaction score
So I recently got a brand new m2r 125cc pit bike and at first pulling the clutch lever didn't engage the clutch, after a few adjustments (to the lever and clutch cable) I managed to get the clutch to work. However it seems like pulling the lever doesn't actually fully engage the clutch. When the bike is running and i pop it into 1st gear with the clutch engaged the bike jerks forward slightly, what will i have to do to fix this? here is a pic of the clutch mechanism I didn't mess around with anything other than the cable and lever. 20160308_180829[1].jpg20160309_170115[1].jpg

Welcome to Minirider's.

Drop in here and Introduce Yourself.

I can't see it in your picture too well, but is the cable sitting down into the locator tab on the clutch cover properly ?

When it's adjusted right, there should be about .5mm to 1mm play where the actuator arms' cam touch's the push plate in the clutch cover.
And the lever should have about 3mm or so play as you squeeze it in before you start to feel resistance
Does you clutch cable have an inline adjuster just up the cable a bit from the area pictured ?
May need to adjust it out a bit there ?

Cheer's, Craig

Yeah I have adjusted the cable with the inline adjuster there is some play in the arm and lever but the clutch doesn't fully engage.

Do you have the cable sitting right into the bracket off the clutch cover now ?

Latest posts

Back