make a 200cc a 250?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinlonpower

Reaction score
Hi,
After being a net junky and searching forever i found a chinese factory that makes
Performance Cylinder Kit for ATV/Dirt bike 200CC air cooled engine (163FML),include piston kit and gasket,change 63.5 to 65.5MM, change 200CC to 250CC..

Is this as straight forward as it sounds?I havnt done a top end rebuild but pretty handy on the tools and i Have an Xr & XL200 workshop manual which im told helps with my Loncin 200cc OHV oil cooled vert. engine.(Honda Clone)

Is it pretty much set it to TDC Remove top end as book and vids say assemble rings on piston etc as instructed,change piston put on new head cylinder and yeah pretty much reversal of tear down..

Or will this supposed kit not work as intended with standard valves etc??I have been searching so hard for it bit hard to believe its true.

might help if you post some pics/links to what your talking about and what you own.

there are push rod and over head cam models of the vertical engines.

iv never really got into the vertical china engines but still the same rule applies when fitting a big bore kit etc..

check piston pin size
check piston pin to deck height size
check case bore size (if applicable)
check barrel stud spacing
blah blah blah.. i guess you get the picture..

also when increasing engine size you would want to increase the camshaft profile as the rev range will be lower using the 200cc cam.. so get the 250cc cam..(although knowing china there probly the same cam)

Last edited:
ok well engine numbers match, (but that doesnt always mean anything either)..

iv seen these engines with different stud spacing and what not..
so really its a gamble..

if you could take your engine apart and get them to send you a 1:1 scan of the gaskets then that would help heaps..

I have a CG125 that I bought a CG200 kit just like the 250 kit, everything worked but I had to also replace the push rods because of the bigger displayment, but once I replaced the push rods it was all down hill from their, hope soon to do Cg200 to 250 kit. But is there any upgrades for the cam?

Latest posts

Back