Man's best friend "and other pets"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Addition To The Family, WOOHOO!!!

Well, Boyz, ya know I've NOT had much success with this aquarium venture of mine, losing seven fish out of eighteen within a month or whatever... I reckon I'm not cut out for a career at Sea World, 10-4??? However, I know cats & dogs, and today happened to be a special day: NBC 7 and various animal shelters countywide (and in adjoining counties) hooked up for "Clear The Shelters" day, where all adoption fees are waived in an effort to clear the shelters, right??? Despite the brutal heat wave occurring here in Dago, I decided to man up and take on another animal cohabitant, not only to dim the ugly memory of recent fish deaths, but to provide me beloved elderly mum with more protection for those days when I'm away monkeybiking, or sailing, or possibly both on Salton Expedition III, AYE?!?!? And boy, did I find a critter with a whole lotta heart, the perfect defender of the Ol' Hacienda while I'm out riding a bike or a boat, LOL.

You see, I wanted a Dachshund I found at the fourth and final shelter I visited (all the shelters jam-packed with good folks looking to adopt an animal), but that little Wiener Dawg was already on "hold" by two other parties, so I wound up choosing a radical two-year-old Chihuahua in prime health, a little guy with heaps of heart and a sweet disposition, 10??? His shelter name is PACO, but I'm gonna rename him TACO, because that's how much meat he has on his bones, enough to make a taco, LOL. Well, maybe a thin burrito, TJ style, but "Burrito" doesn't rhyme with "Paco" to my poet's ear, so TACO IT IS, WOOHOO!!! Sheeeee-it, his full name will be TACO DE PERRO, which means... well, you'll figure it out, it's just good for such a Grand Don to have a fine name, makes a big difference to the little four-legged varmint and new addition to our family. However, he won't be coming home till next Thursday, since he has to get neutered before the shelter will release him to a new owner.

No worries, I'm the kinda guy who believes all small animal breeding should be friggin' outlawed till shelters are cleared of animals, the exception being breeders who pay stiff fees NOT passed on to prospective pet owners. I'll tell ya, it was a sad thing to see so many Pit Bulls and similar terriers in those shelters, just because some scumbags lacked commitment, 10-4??? And I get the part about clueless wannabe owners not knowing enough to realize what they're getting into with regard to owning pets. But that doesn't make it any easier for some of these dogs who are serving virtual prison sentences in these shelters. First thing I'll do when I pick up TACO is take him to Dog Beach here in Coronado, just so he understands what his new life will be like, and to get the stench of prison out of his little nostrils, LOL. He's a cool freakin' dawg too, a real MACHO PERRO, 10-4??? Too bad the family jewels gotta go, but that's the way it is in this Brave New Third World, yeah???

Hey, I gotta tell y'all that it did my heart good to see so many folks show up to adopt animals today, despite the searing record heat across much of the county. F__, I went to four different shelters during my quest, but I skipped one because the waiting line to get in was an hour-and-a-half or more. Still, it did my heart good to see all those folks standing in line for such a worthy cause. This event blasted all stereotypes too, there were good folks of every color looking to adopt animals... the good hard-working and responsible ethnics, not the other kind, you understand. So maybe I had a lesson in tolerance today as well, for all the right reasons. I may be a bigoted sonofab!tch at times, and I earned every bit of that hardness, but this sort of event makes me step back, slow my roll, and rethink the whole deal as far as my opinion of ethnics goes. I have no problem with hard-working ethnics, they're the kind ya never hear about in the media, 10-4??? I'm not talking about illegals or refugee resettlement scammers either, just the good law-abiding sort of ethnics, and there are actually a few out there, LOL.

One last thing before I log out and hit my rack after a long day... I watched the Sweetwater Valley team beat the Hawaiian team in the Little League World Series tonight (or the games leading up to the World Series), and that was one heckuva game too. As y'all know, I'm a diehard NFL fan, as well as a soccer fan, not so much when it comes to baseball or basketball, but I DO watch the regular World Series games and the Little League World Series games, not because I'm a stinking perv of any kind, but because those kids play with a lot of heart, and I RESPECT that, 10??? H£ll, those Hawaiian kids were tough too, coming back late in the game... "YA LIKUM BEEF, YA STUPID F____G HAOLE?!?!?" WHAM!!! WHAM!!! WHAM!!! LOL, damn, sometimes I slay myself, no 400-lb. Mokes involved... oh, yeah, that Hawaiian coach looked like he hadn't missed a luau since he was 5 years old, but that's okay, he had fighting spirit, and I admire that, since I have a bit of that fighting spirit myself, courtesy of the Boone Family. Ol' Dan'l knew how to scrap, and even those Native Americans who wanted to KILL him had RESPECT for him, ya know???

Alright, youse Crusty Australian Demons O' Dirt and Monkeybiking Heroes, don't forget to watch the Sweetwater Valley team as they take on other Little League teams in Williamsport, PA, the home of the Little League World Series. The games should all be on ESPN, though we might see some on other channels here in Dago because our team is local, right??? We have a brutal heat wave going on here in Dago, the news stories of these wildfires statewide are ape$h!t, and the local hands are all geared up for the worst in this ongoing drought. I'll tell ya straight up, I've been taking three goddam cold showers a day just to combat the heat, stepping straight out of the "KaltDuschen" shower and standing in front of the fan, which is cranked on high in fourth gear, LOL. This has been a rough summer, and I say this as an old school local hand, though I've noticed that my age has been a factor in these recent weather events. Whoa, the news just said that 776 animals were adopted today in the "Clear The Shelters" event, and that's just in Dago County, not adjoining counties which also participated in this worthy event. That's pretty f____g cool, AYE?!?!?!?

Damn, this was actually a nationwide event, and over 17,000 animals were adopted today... that's totally hip, since I was one of the adopters, LOL. Y'all be good, it's time for this kid to crash, I'm tired and I'm ready to hit my rack, with a few rescue cats thrown in for good measure. The cats don't know about the inbound TACO DE PERRO, but they'll find out soon enough, LOL. Probably start WWIII when I bring the dog home, but that's alright, we'll work our way through it... I'll hafta confiscate the tactical nukes as the cats break 'em out, but that's no big deal, LOL. Damn, I can see Wingnut with his hand---er, paw---on the detonator, the little varmint. Actually, Little Wing gets along with some dogs, so maybe it'll be Sage wielding the controls of each tactical nuke in this modern war, 10??? Alright, Boyz, time to log out, we gots another long hot day ahead, and another after that, according to the Penthouse-style weather gal I'm currently eyeballing. That's all an older hand like me can do, ya know... not enough money in me wallet to attract the hotties, PFFFFT, and I lost me youthful charm long ago, don'tcha know??? However, I DID meet a nice gal at the shelter today, a horse owner from Deerhorn Valley with just enough edge on her to make things exciting, LOL.

ALRIGHT, NOW I'M DONE, ADIOS, PENDECHOS... ER, I MEAN MUCHACHOS!!! LOL.

Whoooooowheeeeeee, another SCORCHER today, I've been taking it easy under the fan for most of the day, having knocked out the chores early this morning, yeah? Man, it is HOT out there, and here in my room as well, I'm thinking of tossing a few ice cubes into the fish tank before the little fishies magically morph into friggin' bouillabaisse, LOL. Damned if I'm gonna eat that cr@p, not with that funky & chunky tap water in there, 10-4??? I was actually going to change the water in the tank today, but I left it too late and it grew hot in here, despite all windows and doors being open and the fan cranked in fourth gear. I reckon I'll tackle the job mañana, do it early and get it done before yet another scorcher hits the area. The cats have all been lying around in the shade, they're no dummies... even Wingnut, who is heller active, has been taking it easy today, it's just too darned hot to roam around under the blazing sun.

Alright, Boyz, that's my weather update for now, too bad I don't look as good as the gals on TV, LOL... if I DID, you'd KNOW something was WRONG, 10-4??? Hey, I was born in CORONADO, not WEST HOLLYWOOD, VENICE BEACH, or THE GAY BAY, LOL. Damn, that's a harsh indictment... meh, I'll get over it, LOL. We do have our own Epic Darwin Failure Ghetto here in Dago, mostly unlocal kooks who migrated to "CALIFORNIA, THE LAND O' FRUITS & NUTS!!!" Ya know I ain't no pack rat, so I guess that kinda narrows things down in my regard, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Certificate of Insanity included, signed by at least two Obamanomic Doctors, AYE??? Alright, youse Monkeybiking Heroes, time for another "KALTDUSCHEN" shower, no Zyklon-B or Zyklon-D required, "10-DASH-FO'???" After that, I might be ready for my first beer... been too hot to drink, don'tcha know??? Damn, I hate it when that happens, LOL.

ADIOS, PINCHE AUSTRALIAN GRINGOS... ER, I MEAN CRUSTY AUSTRALIAN DEMONS O' DIRT!!! LOL...

Blessed Relief, WAHOOOO!!!

For the first time in days, we have a marine layer keeping things cool here on the coast, instead of a bright glaring sun and brassy sky, 10-4??? We also have a fair breeze, and man, does it ever feel good... it'll probably warm up a little later, but I can tell the back of the heat wave is broken, and good riddance. Doing several loads of laundry right now, didn't wanna run the machines in that miserable heat over the past few days. After that, I clean the fish tank, the water's a bit funky and it needs to go. I don't know how long this aquarium business is gonna last, I already told myself several times that I would donate the tank to somebody more patient than I am, but each time, after further reflection, I reckoned the goddam aquarium is a Zen exercise in patience, LOL. You know the classic Dirty Harry line: "A good man always knows his limitations." One of my limitations is that I'm not the most patient man on earth, LOL. My friends laugh when I say that, but it's the honest truth, though I've mellowed a bit over time. Meh, to know me is to love me, LOL.

Perhaps this fish tank was sent by the cosmos to instill patience in this old hand... keep me from blasting away at the droids of society with a friggin' 12-gauge, a rifle, and a pair of semiautomatic pistols, LOL. Maybe a few scrub Darwin Failure D.A.s, robed sodomite pocket judges, and lyin' badge-sportin' greaseballs thrown in for good measure, 10-4??? Oh, yeah, and how could I forget those career scumbag politicians, bought and sold by corporations like so many ear-tagged cattle??? Shooting those scrubs would be a goddam pleasure... a regular contribution to mankind in general, and to citizens & taxpayers in particular, LOL. Ah, well, maybe "The Donald" will put an end to some o' the criminal bull$h!t that has been going down for the past decade or two... Lord knows he's stomping all those career scumbag politicians in the polls, LOL, despite every effort by liberal Darwin Failures, Clinton garbage and Big Oil Ho's to discredit him. That just makes my day, seeing some dude with a dead possum stapled to his skull backhand-b!tchslap these slimy scumbag politicians.

"TRUMP FOR PREZ ALL THE WAY, AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE KENYAN BABOON AND HIS CRIMINAL ILK, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" :lol: :congrats: :lol: "YO, BISCUIT, YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Last edited:
Hey railsplitter Id be willing to bet my left nut its your water temp bro! 118f or 47c is waaaaaay to hot for these little fish! They prefer their water at about 71f - 21/22c.

My suggestion: A nice cold water bottle out of the fridge floating in the tank. (Not frozen) I take it you've got thermometer yeah?
Just make sure it's a gradual process or you'll stress the **** out of the fish and there will be more casualties.

Alternatively you could buy your self a water chiller (used in marine tanks) not sure how much you pay for one over there though.

Hope this helps dude.....

Last edited:
The water temp is fine... coincidentally, our ocean water temp is right around 70-71 degrees as well, LOL. I'm just happy that the heat wave has broken, now I can plan another MONKEYBIKING ADVENTURE, WOOHOO!!! I'd go today, but I have chauffeur duty (routine hospital appointment). However, tomorrow is wide open, and so is the rest of the week, LOL. I still have work to do, but it's on my own schedule, you understand... a six-or-seven-hour monkeybiking break is in the cards, 10-4??? I'm thinking VALLEY OF THE MOON this time around, that place is AWESOME, despite the wetback traffic and BP presence (BP = Border Patrol). Hey, the fish tank is really cool when the water is nice & clean, the cats and I (and me beloved elderly mum) all dig it, I just hafta figure out how to keep the water crystal clear. I really cleaned the filter elements yesterday, and I didn't add certain products (solutions) to the water, as I think maybe those products are $h!thouse, YEAH??? Do more harm than good, I reckon. Meh, I'll figure it out... like I said, this aquarium is a Zen exercise in patience, LOL.

TACO DE PERRO has arrived at the ol' hacienda, and he seems to be fitting in okay, though mean ol' Sage just chased him and took a swipe at Taco's hind end, LOL. All three cats are bigger than the Chihuahua, so I'm gonna have to watch ol' Sage so he doesn't damage the dog. Sage is a really scrappy cat, and downright mean when he wants to be... his occasional bouts of surliness stem from a bad attitude, LOL. I'll hafta keep an eye on him so he doesn't kill the Chihuahua... the ornery little varmint. Anyway, it has been a long day, I'm gonna crash early tonight, no beer for this kid, even though there's plenty of it in the fridge. Damn, I was gonna go monkeybiking tomorrow, but now Little Wing's leg is swollen again, and he's limping around, so I may have to take him to the vet again tomorrow. I don't know what he has done to his leg now, he had a deep puncture the first time around but the vet gave him some antibiotics for it, maybe the damned wound is still festering or something. Damned varmint may keep me from riding tomorrow, GRRRRRR... alright, y'all have a good night, or morning Down Under, I suppose, I'm gonna go mack some leftovers and hit the ol' rack, tomorrow's another day, 10-4??? ADIOS, MONKEYBIKING HEROES!!!

Last edited:
Haven't forgotten you Boyz, just been dealing with a whole heap of animal-related drama... Little Wing needed another surgery, now he's FRANKENCAT with two nasty-looking drains installed in his messed-up leg, and ye olde "Cone of Shame" round his neck so he doesn't chew on the drains and pull 'em out, right? Gonna be a LONNNNNNNG 10-14 days with Wingnut under house arrest, but I'll keep him doped up to the eyeballs to make things easier for all other critters under this roof. Taco de Perro also developed a problem last night at zero-dark-thirty, he developed that "kennel cough" the shelter folks warned me about, makes me wonder if the wanks deliberately infect every animal, 10-4??? Meh, his $72 visit is a done deal, and he received a shot and some antibiotics to chew for the next week. Wingnut was the real gold-plated varmint, the little b@stard has now cost me $1200 in what??? Two weeks??? I can't keep up with this veterinary b.s., and it's cutting into my monkeybike parts scene too, which is p!$$ing me off, BIG-TIME. Meh, I'm tired, I'm just watching the end of this Chokers game before I crash, no prolonged beer drinking session tonight, I guarantee it. Alright, ya wants more info, go to the other site and check the Gastank Forum, I wrote a better account of today's b.s. at that site earlier, when I wasn't so heller goddam tired. Y'all be good, talk to ya later, ADIOS!!! E.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last chance for what, is this some kinda ban threat? Not big on those, dude, so tell ya what, I HEREBY OFFICIALLY BAN MYSELF FROM THIS SITE, that'll save ya the trouble. I don't know what the problem is, telling other monkeybikers about a monkeybiking website, but WTF, I don't need the aggravation, hence the self-imposed ban. To my one and only "Internet Friend" MY67XR, thanks for all your sage advice, you've been a real help to me... meh, no worries, mate, you can see the new swingarm on the bike when I post the pics at that other site, 10-4??? Same goes for all monkeybiking session pics and shots of the Salton Sea from the Santa Rosa Mountains... those should be pretty cool, once I get out there this winter. Alright, y'all be good, I'm off to make some killer homemade carne asada burritos with guac and sour cream, all while watching the second half of this Bucs-Bengals game. I'm outta here, color me gone, ADIOS!!!

"THE F____G RAILSPLITTER"

Last chance for what, is this some kinda ban threat? Not big on those, dude, so tell ya what, I HEREBY OFFICIALLY BAN MYSELF FROM THIS SITE, that'll save ya the trouble. I don't know what the problem is, telling other monkeybikers about a monkeybiking website, but WTF, I don't need the aggravation, hence the self-imposed ban. To my one and only "Internet Friend" MY67XR, thanks for all your sage advice, you've been a real help to me... meh, no worries, mate, you can see the new swingarm on the bike when I post the pics at that other site, 10-4??? Same goes for all monkeybiking session pics and shots of the Salton Sea from the Santa Rosa Mountains... those should be pretty cool, once I get out there this winter. Alright, y'all be good, I'm off to make some killer homemade carne asada burritos with guac and sour cream, all while watching the second half of this Bucs-Bengals game. I'm outta here, color me gone, ADIOS!!!

"THE F____G RAILSPLITTER"
Every forum has rules buddy, and a very common one of those rules that most forums share is nt linking members to "the competition" its nothing personal, simply a rule you are breaking. You dont see ford adding links to g.m. products, or coke linking ppl up to pepsi's website. Maybe be a little slower to jump to conclusions, and be a little more understanding about howghes things work. Noone wants you to "ban yourself" and simply because my67xr id the main one commenting on your posts doesnt mean no one else was interested. Anyway its your call mate, but hopefully you understand our side of things now.
Have a good day,
Stuart.

Dont take offense but stuart has a point we cannot go posting references of other forums on competing sites maybe it was just a simple misunderstanding idk im neither party just i understand both sides. Anyways on topic the kitten ive been worried about and my dog jazz's best lil cuddle buddy now at six months is the lone survivor of his litter due to an unknown illness that was thought to be fip but might not be. He was obsessed with milk and milk only refused any food but milk even after his mother weened him the vets recommended kindly without a visit or payment to try banana baby food with a tiny bit of milk then lessen the milk.....it worked!!! Hes been gaining weight normally getting bigger lol he thinks hes a velociraptor for real when she goes to feed him actual solid food he gets on his hind legs mews and reaches at her its pretty funny to watch. All i can say is this improvement is great

Cheers guys.

What Railsplitter is forgetting to mention was that he did get a friendly "Hey man you're not supposed to do that" email about it, with a "Here's what you can do instead" alternative. He then decided to ignore this and post another link to a competing site. (Well sort of) :)

We don't mind people mentioning other mini sites, we just don't like you setting up direct links to them.
That's it! Easy peasy......

Railsplitter it will be a shame to see you go. As I've told you before I personally do enjoy reading your Huge spiels! But you just can't go and ignore the mod team when they tell you your breaking the rules, it's as simple as that and like Stu said "it's nothing personal"

We're pretty easy going around here and will "Always" give you the benefit of the doubt. That being said all we ask is that you follow a few simple rules.

Cheers
Cordogs

Understood. Back to subject lol
cc2bcfe6baa9d41332949994f6cf82f9.jpg

4c441fa02318167b89fd60939d238805.jpg
4e863c6c9f3c43e0eab2857e8338e58d.jpg

Sylvester is doing much better eating solid food lil turd acts like hes being naughty sneaks to the cat food bowl eats a lil gets caught with this like innocent look lol little white dude. My dog jazz been going loco seems he cant stand being home alone lately poor buddy has always been protective of us and thinks hes a cat trying to cram himself in tiny spaces to cuddle up lol

Holy Cow, the Tide just scored, we gots us a ballgame!!! I knew they wouldn't be held back for long, not even by the Rebels, whose team I also like. Heckuva game on ESPN right now... Tuscaloosa is rockin' tonight, LOL. Anyway, I have some pics of Wingnut and other critters to post, but I gotta wait till sometime next week to do it, the next two days are chockablock with tasks already, as well as good football matches, LOL. Damn, the Rebels just scored, but it didn't count due to a penalty... wait, they just reversed the penalty, or voided it with replay action. What a crazy game...

Shots Of Wingnut

Here's Wingnut the Great White Hunter wearing "The Cone O' Shame" while searching for no-see-um gnats in the shower, LOL. Shower is filthy from my taking 3-4 cold showers a day during all that hot weather, I just cleaned it yesterday so now it's back to normal.

http://postimg.org/gallery/k2s5azf2/

Can't remember if I ever posted these additional shots of Little Wing, and a few of Sage and Dixie. Shots at this hosting site are all jumbled up, no real order to 'em, and there are a few unrelated shots in there, but you heroes will figure it out, LOL.

http://postimg.org/gallery/2hq5zdvhq/

Shots of Sage (mean ol' gray tyger), Dixie (fat tortie cat), Wingnut & Taco de Perro, the T. Rex boulder, and my little offroad thrasher with its newly-assembled, desert dune-riding wheels. Cool shots, just figure out which are which, you'll be alright. I'm watching good football, so I'm outta here, color me gone, ADIOS!!!

Postimage.org / Mixed Shots Of Sage, Dixie, Wingnut, Taco de Perro, & Dune-Riding Wheels 4 My Monkeybike

P.S. Y'all wanna see a good cannibal flick, check out "THE GREEN INFERNO"---a good tribute to the cannibal genre, Wingnut & I enjoyed the film, that's for GODDAM SURE. Harsh, and NOT for young kids, but entertaining all the same, I like a good cannibal flick to remind me JUST HOW EASY I HAVE IT, LOL. Damn.

Last edited:
Got a question or two for you dog owners out there in cyberspace. Y'all know I adopted a 2-year-old Chihuahua a few weeks ago during a "Clear The Shelters" event sponsored by NBC 7 and various animal control or rescue agencies, shelters, etc. So far, little Taco has been great, he's turning into just the kind of guard dog I want to watch over the property while I'm out riding and camping this fall and winter. However, I've had a hard time finding a dry food he likes, and I've noticed that he chews everything BUT the chew toys I've bought for him. I ran this info by my brother Chris earlier today, since he has owned many Chihuahuas over the years, and he said it sounds like Taco has a dental problem, perhaps a cracked tooth or sore area which is keeping him from eating the dry food or chewing the rawhide chew toys. Chris said that Chihuahuas have a reputation for dental problems, and this little dog Taco does have a fair underbite (his lower teeth kind of jut forward and outward). Now, I looked around his mouth and probed various teeth, but I saw no sign of trouble, and Taco did not wince or otherwise show any sign of discomfort as I pulled this dental check. He DOES chew other stuff too, mostly soft papers, napkins, book pages, the old catnip mice the cats no longer play with, etc., etc., but these items are all soft---he has chewed some hard plastic items such as pill bottle caps and whatnot, and you'd think those plastic items would be as hard as or harder than the rawhide chew toys, right??? In an experiment, I soaked some dry food in water to soften it up, and he immediately began to address it, which is a good sign, I reckon, since he usually just looks at it and turns away.

What do y'all think? Have you ever had a dog with this issue? Any other suggestions on how to determine whether the dog actually has a dental problem? After recently spending $1400 on Wingnut, I don't wanna cough up another penny to these ripoff vets, aye??? The dog seems to be in no pain, though I will check him out more thoroughly tomorrow; do ya suppose he just favors soft food as a rule, and not for any particular reason? The thought of spending hundreds on X-rays for the dog is not working for me, and if he eats the softened dry food, I may just soften the food all the time with a little water. Any Chihuahua owners out there run across this issue before? Why would the dog chew hard plastic items to pieces, yet not touch his rawhide chew toys, fake bones, etc.??? I feel like my brother had the right idea, he's really good with animals, and I also feel like I'm on the right track with this food-softening number, though the dog already gets actual wet (canned) dog food as well, which he eats without reservation. Any suggestions in this department? I can't see any obvious signs of tooth or gum problems, apart from the underbite Taco's teeth and gums look normal, 10-4??? Okay, those are my questions, just trying to glean more info so I don't waste another $500-$700 at the goddam vet's office. Thanks in advance, I'm back to my football match, don't forget to check out that lunar eclipse tonight... or have y'all Down Under already seen it??? I never can get the time deal straight with the Int'l Date Line, LOL.

Last edited:
A dogs gums and teeth like a cats will address alot of health issues mainly upon color. A darker pink is good where a white or whitish pink means some kind of health issue and can still look undiseased just diff color. Ive heard of chihuahuas having teeth issues and honestly sounds like it. Sometimes they will try their damnest to hide it as in the wild they would be considered weak ect and they still have these instincts. What ive learned is as much the cost hurts...if hes sick hes sick. Its kindof a pain but you work your best with it

Latest posts

Back