Marzocchi Forks Brake Upgrade

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessy

Reaction score
G'day All,

I have 08 Motovert Pro 125 with Marzocchi forks and the brakes had little feel and the firm squeeze required to slow the bike down quickly fatigued my forearm. They were slightly better when I replaced/bleed the fluid but they were still the worst brakes I have ever used on a bike. They are large single piston items and seem to be the standard issue on many of the Marzocchi forks.

After a bit of research on here I went with the twin piston GPX brakes from DHZ and they are fantastic. The lever pull is softer with great feel and allows me to effectively modulate the braking power the way you should be able to. I wasn't 100% sure about the fitment when I ordered them but they bolted up no worries - 51mm centre to centre caliper mount.

Best mod I have done so far. Here is a link in case you might be interested.

GPX Moto Front Brake System,Fits GPX Suspension Outlaw160R - GPX - Buy Online Australia at DHZ

Cheers.

Hmm im thinkin these would be a good upgrade for my motovert rx, because It's just a street legal version of your bike mate

Yer I can vouch that these are a sweet brake setup. They have a smooth action and provide powerful braking. I've been on a few enduro rides and am using the front brakes constantly and they have yet to overheat or fail!!!

Last edited:
I agree, Motovert RX brakes are shoddy. Too heavy and brake poorly however this brake wouldnt be legal because it doesnt have the senor to click it and activate the tailights :(

I just measured... They'd fit tho :p

Tried and tested on a motovert rx?.... Anyone else on this bloody forum still got one aha?

Last edited:
Might have to give this a go as my calipers on my zokes have seized n I have no brakes, I need a new disc tho aswell...any ideas?

Resurrection! !!
My rx125 brakes are crap and the ebay listing above are gone. .. What can you recommend? Also anyone know the brake pads for the rear? ?

all i need is the caliper though right?

Would this work?

$T2eC16VHJHgFFl-7tVUuBRovU287N!~~60_57.JPG

That caliper is to suit a floating disc, so yeah you could use them if your replaced your disc too.
It may need a custom mount to suit the bolt mounting pattern and offset of your disc to work on your fork's too.

Here's one style of a Floating Disc,

brake-discs.jpg

These calipers look similar style to the GPX caliper.
You will need to ask the seller the bolt pattern and what size disc it fit's too.
Front Hydraulic Brake Disc Caliper System 125cc 140cc 150 Dirt PIT PRO Bike Dune | eBay
Front Brake Caliper PIT Dirt Bike Twin Piston Pads 70cc 110cc 125cc 140cc 250cc | eBay
PIT Bike Hydraulic Front Disc Brake Caliper System PIT PRO Trail Thumpstar 15mm | eBay

Your rear disc pad's , take them out and match them up here
Brake Pads Chinese Quad Buggy PIT Dirt Bike GO Kart Front Rear Caliper Disc Pads | eBay

Last edited:
What makes the link i added require a floating disk? from memory its a 200mm disk, I might have a look for them. I did just notice the mount is 40mm apart and i think the RX125 was 51mm, dont know how i missed that!

Off that chart it was #3 and he rear #14. I managed to get 2 sets of each for $32 ;)

So i guess i will wait till this set of pads burn through and get THIS set and just use the caliper (so i keep the brake light switch).

Thanks heaps!

Last edited:
You would be able to swap the switch over onto that new master, they have the screw hole's underneath
The master that come's with that caliper might be bigger capacity than the stock RX125 master to use with the twin piston caliper.

The Brembo caliper you linked earlier doesn't have slides on it.
The slide's allow the caliper to centralise itself onto your fixed disc.
It would end up pushing on one side more.
The floating disc's have a fixed mount for the centre section, and the braking area is able to move around left and right a little on the 4 bolt's that secure it to the centre hub of the disc.

Oh yes i see that now! well it looks like i still have much to learn. Time to get reading i guess...
Thanks heaps!!

Oh and i replaced my mates brake pads today in the RX125 we procured from SA...

11133703_10152746362922212_361855567062468491_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back