Marzocchi Shiver brake issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedream

Reaction score
Hey all i bought some Marzocchi Shiver forks for my bike and the brake set up i got with them (via ebay) are formula but the two bolt holes do not line up with the forks. the brakes kinda look like they may have been used previously but the forks are brand new. i can't work out if there is a braket missing ( i am thinking no) or these are just the wrong brake set up. if this is the case how easy is another set up to come by? help much appreciated! check link for pics of forks and brakes:

tried that had communication trouble since i paid for item sometimes ebay sucks!

uuuummmm a guy posted it up for me on fmxaustralia. was that you? if not then no i think.

umm no, i was just gunna say that the dude from ebay lives near me
like next door to me mate, if ya couldnt get in contact on ebay i could get his number?

damn tthat would have worked out good but nah this person is from newcastle.

Can you link the ebay add of the ones you bought? i would keep contacting the seller , because you definitely need the red adapter .

You mite get lucky and find a used adapter , because some people update the brakes to a 65 setup and i think that needs another adapter

can i put any other brand of brakes on this set of forks

You ahould be able to slot a whole heap of different brake setups on them. You'll likely need a different mounting plate if they are drastically different though... Some guys on here are running Brembo's! :D

:eek: :p You picked me up for less :p

I thought about editing the post, but no, nice spot :D

Note to self - must improve touch typing...

On topic - You bought them through the exact ad you linked? There is no mention of brakes or brackets...

no i got them from ebay but the pic on ebay is not the exact same as i got so i just used that link for picture purposes. this is the ad from where i bought them.

CRF50 MARZOCCHI FORKS WITH BRAKES - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Feb-10 19:43:04 AEDST)

What he shows is a complete setup, and he did quote "with brakes"... If he doesn't respond (make sure you use ebay messages as they can be tracked by ebay), report him. Just give him a week or so and a reminder before you report :)

He has 100% feedback so I'd imagine he'll be easy enough to deal with (although you never know with some people *shrugs*)...

Latest posts

Back