Mini bike shakes violently.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetride14

Reaction score
i have a doodlebug frame with a 6.5 hp engine. when ever i go 0 to 1/4 throttle the bike rides fine but when i go 1/4 to 3/4 throttle the bike shakes violently. after 3/4 throttle it rides fine again and docent shake.

does anyone know how to fix this.

i have a doodlebug frame with a 6.5 hp engine. when ever i go 0 to 1/4 throttle the bike rides fine but when i go 1/4 to 3/4 throttle the bike shakes violently. after 3/4 throttle it rides fine again and docent shake.

does anyone know how to fix this.

Are all your engine brackets holding motor to frame bolted in firmly?

Welcome to Minirider's

Check that the engine mounting bolt's are all tight.
It may need to have the frame braced with some thicker steel to hold the engine in better
I have heard of people welding 6mm plate's to the underside of the frame/engine mounting plate and redrilling it for the mounting bolt's
Use some better quality high tensile bolt's and nut's too while you are at it, may need to be 6mm+ longer ?

Maybe chock it up so the rear wheels off the ground and rev it up, might give you a clue to the issue. I'd be looking at the clutch especially

Did you do the 6.5hp conversion to it ?
Is it the Predator 212 engine ?

69730_zzz_alt5_500.jpg

There's a few people on the net that mention the engine need's to be lifted 1/2" and the chain tensioner relocated

20150515_191420.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Some have fitted a torque convertor too

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a brand new one, it had the 3 hp engine, the wheels and tires are junk. Nothing was balanced. I dumped it. Full throttle is jumped and shook. I got $250 out. And ran.

Did you ever figure it out?

I just bought a used db30 with the same issue.

Latest posts

Back