Mini-Mini, Razor pocket bike turned custom DirtBike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travisMini

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum, as I just completed my first mini-bike project. My son is only 3 and it's hard to find anything small enough for him, so I found a Razor Pocket Rocket, took all the street looking stuff off it, and converted it for dirt. Considering it still has smooth tires, maybe it's a mini-SuperMoto or motard.. but I figure he will ride it on dry dirt.

I made the "gas tank" out of fiberglass, modified the Razor front fender to look like a dirt one. The rear fender is cut from a KX500. Radiator shrowds are cut from KX250 shrowds. Graphics are cut from a generic Kawasaki sticker sheet. Seat is custom wood and fiberglass seatpan with marine vinyl. Handbars are from a bicycle. Riser/bar clamps are from KX500. Number plate cut from a KX500 number plate.

I will post more build pics as I dig them up if you are interersted, otherwise, enjoy, and hope you like it, and maybe it will give people ideas.

pocketBikeInTruck_sm.JPG
above_sm.JPG
sideDone1.JPG
sideDone2.JPG

Attachments

• above.jpg
    above.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
It's definitely not light cause of the 2 batteries it uses. Their website says 50 lbs "dry". it's also a completely rigid frame and forks (possible future upgrade??). It wont see a lot of jumping though, and is really so my son can learn to ride.

As promised, here is how I did the gas tank, which as you can see, is also used to house an electircal box I had to relocate to make the seat where it is. I carved the shape out of foam, then covered it with packaging tape so the fiberglass wouldn't stick. Covered it in Epoxy resin fiberglass, sanded, more fiberglass layers inside and outside, more sanding, then a lightweight body filler, then more sanding, then paint.

tank-foam.JPG
tank-fiberglass.JPG
tank-fiberglassBottom.JPG
tank-foamAndSanded.JPG
tank-Filler.JPG
tank-Bottom.JPG

Damn mate, that is an absolute awesome little machine, I didn't expect that considering what it was. It looks great and id be happy with it if I was 3 lol well done and get some pics when he's riding it:)

Well done! Awesome job on the bike, very inspiring video at that. You've gotta be proud of how he shook off that wicked roll at the end. Keep us posted on his progress :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I dunno about you guys but the fact that this guy dug up this thread on the same day that the last post was made is pretty damn cool

Latest posts

Back