Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the CRF has heaps of engine breaking with 13:1 compression. i know what you mean with the sliding.

when you jump on the front brakes hard and drop down a gear, the thing backs in everytime. its impossible not to. my ducati monster has this problem as well, but i think its mainly due to the really bad tires its got on. they've gone blue and offer on grip at all. and i dont want it to back in. scares the beep out of me.

i might take you up on that ride offer krazed.
i could deck u out in the same riding gear as mine and take a video of it and tell everyone i have been getting better with my mono's.

cant wait till you get a mini motard and start riding with me.

Hahahaha, nice! I'll get practicing the wheelies on the pushy :p

Still getting the hang of wheelies on the F4i... Sliding scares me on sports bikes (unless it's powersliding :p). I think I'm just gonna have to save and upgrade to a liter bike, the extra capacity should make wheelies a "touch" easier!

That's getting ahead of myself though... Just got a reply on my CB250 ad, hopefully it goes somewhere! Pitbike ahoy :-D

There's only one way to get better at mono's, practice like the bejesus! Only tip I can give is, start in second gear and practice hitting (and holding) balance point. Once you get better at that, start changing gears! Might have to write up a tute for the n00bs (providing one doesn't exist) :)

hey we used to have racing in wollongong its soo fun just the bloke who owns the go kart track is a ****. was charging us 100 for a race meet n 40 to practise gokarts were less than half price. He killed it for us here were still looking for another track.

do they still allow mini motard at wollongong?

i've rung and emailed and never get a reply or just uhhh dunno...

Wish Eastern Creek Karts would allow it...

i thought they still did Matt. but im a VIC guy so what would i know. if you give Brendan a call he will give you the phone number of Chris Jones who is the Motard rep in NSW and he will be happy to tell you where the action is at minimoto.org.au: NEWS

Chris Jones is in Gladstone Qld. Best to call John Monty (Pocket Racing Imports) google it!! I'm sure he is trying to get minigp off the ground and surely they would be running them with motards!!

Ok apparently Wollongong Kart track does allow mini motards. No idea on the cost but its pretty much everyday during the week.

No motards go there tho. Might have to change this.

yeah mate get into it. im sure there are alot of mini motards sitting in NSW garage's waiting to get out on the track again. there use to be a few riders form there. you are now the unofficial, official Wollongong motard rep. congratulations

HA! Thanks.. wish i could ride at Eastern Creek kart track.. 10mins away. I'll give it a go and see if i can get some interest from my mates.

the weather is fine and so the mini motards come out at Dandenong LE Mans Kart track to night. Come for a ride or a chat.

Ok apparently Wollongong Kart track does allow mini motards. No idea on the cost but its pretty much everyday during the week.

No motards go there tho. Might have to change this.

I know this is a couple months old now but I live just down the road from the Kembla Grange kart track (Wollongong City Raceway) and am going to start hitting it up with my mini motard.

So here is the new bike, which is completely as I bought it but expect to see many updates over the course of the next couple weeks as I turn this thing into a fully fledged mini motard machine!!

Thumpster.jpg

Last edited:
I know its been over a year since the last post but does dandenong lemans still happen?

sweet i will head down, and hopefully join in on the fun soon

Yeah I might come down one night as well to check out the action

Latest posts

Back