Mini Moto DR9 Monkey 50cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopemk1

Reaction score
hi all,

i have just bought the above bike 2nd hand, it has spark but will not start, i have the carby off & looking at cleaning & trying again..

problem is the cut of switch is disconnected?!?! dont really want to start it if i cannot turn it off, question is how do i wire this into th ebike?

thansk in advance

Dave

hi, welcome to Miniriders

is it a pull start 2 stroke engine ?
if so there will be a coil lead that goes to the spark plug, and another wire coming out from the top of the engine behind the pull start cover
to kill the engine, the small wire needs to be earthed to the engine some where ( a screw that holds a cover on, or engine mounting bolt etc)
so if you run that wire to a switch, then out the other side of the switch back down to the engine

the carbys do gum up if they are left with fuel in them.
clean out the main jet well, and check that there is no dirt etc in the needle and seat while it's off.

cheers, craig

thanks Craig, yeah its a 2 - stroke, also it says to run 20.1 , does this sound right?

yeah that's what they say for them in the owners manual when you buy them new.
i ran mine in at 20/1, i put 2 tanks through it at that mix, after that i ran it at 32/1, it ran a lot crisper.
you could even try raising the needle clip to the 2nd notch down, they are set a bit rich from the factory.
and don't forget to run a Genuine NGK spark plug in it too.

yeah that's what they say for them in the owners manual when you buy them new.
2 litres of petrol to 100mls of 2t oil.
i ran mine in at 20/1, i put 2 tanks through it at that mix, after that i ran it at 32/1, it ran a lot crisper.
you could even try raising the needle clip to the 2nd notch down, they are set a bit rich from the factory.
and don't forget to run a Genuine NGK spark plug in it too.

Latest posts

Back