Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok after working at this all day its the throttle cable, i took the top of the thumb throttle of and it seems to be that when the cable is touching the metal bit inside the thumb throttle its making it rev very high, anyone any ideas?

when i take out the top of the carb from the carb and start it it takes of straight away

yes as the carby is basically at wide open throttle,
but is also letting extra fuel in due to not having a needle there to restrict it

can anyone put up a picture of the way there spring is in thumg throttle on mini quad?

ok after working at this all day its the throttle cable, i took the top of the thumb throttle of and it seems to be that when the cable is touching the metal bit inside the thumb throttle its making it rev very high, anyone any ideas?

this is a spare thumb throttle i have,
so can you describe your problem a bit more ?

Last edited:
Ok mine is like that but i think my spring is in wrong, could this be causing it? When i put my throttle cable into its place it pulls the cable a tiny bit out and this is causing it to go on its own also

Also when i put touch the cable on the metal bit without it being it place it causes it to rev high and trys to go on its own

i guess if you have the adjuster on top of the carby backed right off like i mentioned before,
the only thing you could do is to file back the little stop in the thumb throttle housing.
or buy a cable that's the right length

I did buy brand new cable they obviously give me wrong one, il try what you said thanks for all you help

still not working, when the top of the cable the wee fat bit touches the metal it starts revving high even when no in its place

Pull the brass adjuster out of the top of the carby and remove the lock nut, that might just give you the extra mm you need, run the brass adjuster back in all the way down.

Latest posts

Back